PDA

View Full Version : Charges for overnight care

Angela234
04-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi everyone i have asked this before but i had an enquiry today for overnight care for 2 children 6 month old and 2 year old she has got third child but said Gran would look after him childcare would be for 2 nights a week starting end of January. I am registered for 1 overnight but don't see getting that extended to 2 a problem i have room.
Mum says they both sleep through i do realise with baby might get some bad nights if it got too much i would have to rethink but it is only 2 nights

But i dont know what to charge

I have e-mailed a couple of other minders in nearby towns asking for an idea of the rate. Don't know if i will get any replies.

I.m the only one in my town registered, one other is but she starts maternity leave anytime now.

Any advice about fees

Thanks

Angela

angeldelight
04-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Sorry I can not help I do not do overnight care

If Lana or Susan are still here I am sure they will know because they are registered for over night care

Good luck

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
04-01-2008, 07:29 PM
I am registered for overnight care too but have had no enquiries as yet for it :(

I will be charging £5 per hour for overnight care if that helps you xxx

Lou
04-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Sorry i dont do overnight care isnt Susan registered for it???

i do think thats quite a commitment though

Lou
04-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Sorry posted at same time as Susan

fionamal
04-01-2008, 07:52 PM
One of the local childminders up here in Edinburgh charge a flat rate of £30 per child per night.

Dont know if that helps at all.

Banana
04-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi.

I do overnight care and I charge £35 for the night. Hardly ever have anyone enquire about this though. If was to look after 2 children i would probably charge about the £55 mark but i am only registered for 1 overnight

xx

nannysue
04-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi. I do overnight care and charge a flat rate of £25 per night. This is based on 7pm-7am anything before or after i do on normal hourly rate. If the child is with me on the day before or after i do make a reduction .

Sue x

Angela234
05-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for all your replies thev'e been very helpful just wait and see if they get back to me now

Thanks again

Angela

Trouble
05-01-2008, 11:19 PM
you can charge what you like, with out you this lady cant work.;)

susi513
08-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Not registered for overnight myself but a tutor suggested some good advice is to stay in line with cost of local travelodge or similar. Have seen threads elsewhere from cms who say they charge £45 - £70 per child. The only person I know locally who ever offered overnight care was about £25 I think but that was some years ago.

Don't under price yourself, although mindees may sleep most of night you are still on duty and may not sleep properly being "on alert". And unlike those who work nights you won't be able to catch up on your beauty sleep in the day as you'll no doubt still be working!

If you give a cheaper price because siblings from same family, ensure your bills show the full price & the discount given. So its clear what the price will be if they only send one child another time, eg if a sibling is on sleepover at friends.

buildingblocks
08-01-2008, 05:16 PM
I have provided overnight care before but for family friends so I charged a rate of £20 for one family (one child) this is over three years ago and hte other family was two girls aged 8 and 10 and she got charged my normal hourly rate (would arrive at 9pm and go at 7.30)

I was reading something about this recently no idea where though and they suggested £30 from 8pm to 8am (which works out at £2.50 an hour and my normal rate is £3 an hour so I wouldn't be charging that) and before and after those times whatever you would normally chagre for working eg normal rate or overtime etc.

I never slept properly when the children were here the slightest noise or cough and I would be checking on them. L would wake at 6am and want to come in with us like he did at home so I ended up downstairs watching children TV with him.

deeb66
09-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Sorry...can't really offer much advice...I don't do, nor have ever done, overnight care.

Loads of advice already given though...so hopefully should help you.