PDA

View Full Version : Get the most from Childcare.co.uk

Richard
09-07-2013, 11:39 AM
We've recently changed the default search results on Childcare.co.uk to place childminders with reviews higher up our listings.

Here are a few tips to get the most from Childcare.co.uk:

1. Register for FREE! It's completely free to advertise your childminding services on Childcare.co.uk and also free to read and reply to messages that you receive from parents interested in your services. If you aren't yet a member then register for free at www.childcare.co.uk/register

2. Ask parents who have used your service to leave a review for you. Any parent registered with us can leave a review for you, they don't have to be a paying member. If the parent isn't yet registered then they can register just to leave you a review and they don't need to have a public profile.

3. Login regularly! The default search results are based on the date when childminders last logged in. Logging into our website frequently will help keep your profile on the first page.

4. Create the perfect profile! Put a lot of thought, effort and care into creating your profile. Parents have a huge choice of childcare providers so you need to make yourself stand out! We have a free guide to creating the perfect profile which you can read here: Writing your profile - Childcare.co.uk (http://www.childcare.co.uk/information/writing-your-profile)

5. Add a photo! Profiles with photos get more views than profiles without photos. Parents like to see who they are reading about. The photo should be of yourself only and no one else.

6. Upgrade to gold membership! Gold members don't have to wait for parents to contact them in order to reply. As a gold member you can search for local parents seeking childcare and can contact them to introduce your childminding services. This is how childminders have the most success with our website and over 40,000 childminders have used our website to fill one or more of their vacancies.

FussyElmo
09-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks Richard :thumbsup:

MessybutHappy
09-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks Richard, can you clarify for me though, are we now listed based on last logged in or on number of reviews? I for one hope my children will stay with me for years so can't see me getting more reviews any time soon, but I do have vacancies that I'm looking to fill and so have been logging on every morning and evening to stay near the top of the listings fire my area, has this now changed?

Richard
09-07-2013, 07:13 PM
The results are still based on the date of last login. Profiles with reviews that haven't logged in recently won't show towards the top of the search results.

Thanks Richard, can you clarify for me though, are we now listed based on last logged in or on number of reviews? I for one hope my children will stay with me for years so can't see me getting more reviews any time soon, but I do have vacancies that I'm looking to fill and so have been logging on every morning and evening to stay near the top of the listings fire my area, has this now changed?

Bumble Beez
09-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks Richard, I can't rate childcare website highly enough...I've had lots of enquiries and subsequent starters from my profile. Wish there was somewhere we could rate the site...other than on here lol!

Sarah x

Richard
09-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Oh that's really nice to hear. We have put so much time and effort into creating the site and it's lovely to hear nice feedback like that. You have made my day thank you! :)

Thanks Richard, I can't rate childcare website highly enough...I've had lots of enquiries and subsequent starters from my profile. Wish there was somewhere we could rate the site...other than on here lol!

Sarah x

MessybutHappy
09-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks Richard, and I agree, love the site, it's a one stop shop for us and parents, I'm also impressed by the app, makes life so much easier!

Rick
09-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Oh that's really nice to hear. We have put so much time and effort into creating the site and it's lovely to hear nice feedback like that. You have made my day thank you! :)

Yes that is nice to hear isn't it Richard. :D

Samijanec
09-07-2013, 07:48 PM
I had a review on there it was fab and brought a tear to my eye, but now when I click to read it it just says user has no reviews.. :g

Richard
09-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Could you send me a PM please with the email address of your Childcare.co.uk account and I will take a look in the morning.

Reviews are only deleted at the request of the reviewer or if their account has been suspended for some reason.

I had a review on there it was fab and brought a tear to my eye, but now when I click to read it it just says user has no reviews.. :g

Bumble Beez
09-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks Richard, and I agree, love the site, it's a one stop shop for us and parents, I'm also impressed by the app, makes life so much easier!

Agreed, app is awesome too...use it all the time when I'm out and about :D

Sarah x

Samijanec
09-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Could you send me a PM please with the email address of your Childcare.co.uk account and I will take a look in the morning.

Reviews are only deleted at the request of the reviewer or if their account has been suspended for some reason.

I've pmd you. :)

charlottenash
09-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Just logged into my account after reading this and saw a lovely review one of my mums left! Made me very happy :)