PDA

View Full Version : yet another illness!!

KaicosMummy
09-07-2013, 10:39 AM
After a little bit of advice, again ;-) sfter having to send a little one home a couple weeks back with D&V, which ended up ruining first two days of my yearly four day holiday as we ended up catching it, the little one has jow come down with chicken pox. Not due in til friday and she came down with them sat so hopefully will be scabbed by then. Mum medsaged me today saying she will defo be in friday as she is fine and she knows spots will defo have scabbed by then, wish I had her psychic powers! Noticed on facebook that she has posted saying little one has not slept last three nights and is in agony, alternating paracetamol and neurofen every two hours and also giving piriton and dabbing on calamine every two hours and little one is extremely grumpy and clingy. All very normal for chicken pox I accept, question is if this is still the case on friday do I have a leg to stand on to say no to having her? I relly dont WANT to as she only comes one day a week and we miss her when she is not in. But my worry is that I will not be able to give the other mindees, who are eight months and four, the attention the need and deserve if poorly little one is miserable and wanting full one to one attention all day. I know I am preempting the situation and I hope it doesnt come to it, but just wanted to prepare what to say to mum, any advice would be appreciated :-)

BuggsieMoo
09-07-2013, 11:42 AM
My policy for sickness states that if a child is unable to take part in our usual day then they need to stay home and rest. Thats the same for coughs, colds, temperatures, chicken pox etc. If they are well in themselves and not relying on medication to take part then I advise they stay home. I also do not take any child who has a temperature over 38 degrees nor will I try and control one for them. I will give calpol at parents request for them to collect but will not continue to dose a child all day. I also ask children stay at home for the first 24 hours on antibiotics as they may have an adverse reaction to them and they usually take 24 hours to work.

Its Tuesday and shes only had them a few days so no doubt they are still quite sore. Keep in touch with mum and see how she goes. If they are all scabbed over and she is well in herself then let her come. If she is still not well then no, stay home x

KaicosMummy
09-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Thank you, that was my thinking. If she is happy and well enough to take part, then I am more than happy to have her :-) I just dont want to stay in all day cuddling and nursing all day when the others, and myself, want to be outside at the park and in the water enjoying what may well be the only sunny week we have this year
:laughing:
I will just stay in contact with mum throughout the week and see how she goes, really hope she is better as we love our friday girly days :-)

KaicosMummy
09-07-2013, 12:22 PM
I also think I need to amend my sickness policy to add in about being well enough to take part in our usual daily routine, as I dont kind a bit of nursing and a chilled out day when there is only one, but now I am full it could start to impact on the others, so advice much appreciated x