PDA

View Full Version : Suncream and hats!

rollypolly
09-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Well, despite a text to all parents yesterday, 1 arrived with No suncream but had a hat. 1 with suncream but No hat and 1 without neither!!
Looks like we will be going to indoor soft play today!! Disappointed children as I got up early to put and fill the pool up! Never mind, I will keep smiling

smurfette
09-07-2013, 08:04 AM
I don't let it stress me I just keep extras ..
Would rather that than not go out! I do think it must be difficult for parents to pack for all four seasons we seem to get in one day .. But it's obviously going to be hot today so no excuse really!!! Grr!

Koala
09-07-2013, 08:12 AM
If you want a job doing! DO IT YOURSELF! my motto. :thumbsup: I ask all parents to provide BUT I don't hold my breath.

kellyskidz!
09-07-2013, 08:14 AM
I also ask parent but have spares. They usually up their game when they see their son in a fluorescent pink hat when they pick him up. My daughters cast off, but if they don't provide, needs must ;-)

Koala
09-07-2013, 08:16 AM
I also ask parent but have spares. They usually up their game when they see their son in a fluorescent pink hat when they pick him up. My daughters cast off, but if they don't provide, needs must ;-)

Yep, that works and especially if a photo is taken and stuck in their book.

The same with spare clothes, they soon get the message when they don't like what they see. :D

kellib
09-07-2013, 08:24 AM
One mum text me last night to say she'd send in suncream with LO today, dad arrived this morning with LO but no suncream!

We're going out all day so just asked if I could put my sons suncream on LO which Dad was happy with.

rickysmiths
09-07-2013, 08:30 AM

Never mind the photos of him in it in his learning journal :rolleyes:

Becci26
09-07-2013, 08:35 AM
It is frustrating but is for this reason that I have a spares box with sun hats/ winter gloves/ waterproofs and wellies as well as a few bits of clothing. Mostly all cast offs from dd or previous mindees.

That way none of the children lose out, I know it's frustrating but from experience I know how hard it is to remember everything all of the time when ur trying to get out the door in the morning.

I also have a sun cream permission form which covers both providing their own sun cream and using mine.

Samijanec
09-07-2013, 08:39 AM
I some times don't think they understand that it's not just us being over protective of the mindees but that we are duty bound to ensure they don't get burnt. I can tell by some of my mindees that they never wear sun cream or hats at home. :(

mrs robbie williams
09-07-2013, 08:57 AM
My mindee mum keeps dressing her football kits, she has hardly any hair and looks like a boy! Good job I have spare clothes ;)

Mouse
09-07-2013, 09:02 AM
It's a battle I've never been bothered to fight. I keep plenty of spare sun hats here & always have suncream in. If parents don't send them, I'm not going to stress about it - I just use mine.

We get too few sunny days to waste them being indoors.

If you're not going to provide things yourself, send parents home to get them. They won't do that more than once before getting the message!

Mouse
09-07-2013, 09:03 AM
My mindee mum keeps dressing her football kits, she has hardly any hair and looks like a boy! Good job I have spare clothes ;)

Perhaps mum likes how she looks.

JulieA
09-07-2013, 09:12 AM
I have a supply of hats (summer and winter), gloves, fleeces, wellies and waterproofs. I get permission for all the children to use my sun cream, then it doesn't matter what we do and only one bottle of cream to carry too.

mrs robbie williams
09-07-2013, 11:02 AM
I did think that but am on fb with her and weekends she is dressed really girly lol

rollypolly
09-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks everyone for the tips and advice. We went to the shops this morning and everyone picked their own hat and sunglasses! And I managed to get some suncream half price.
Happy Children, happy cm!

amanda1309
09-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I have a spare supply of hats both summer and winter, gloves and wellies. It saves any hassle.

I buy a factor 50 sun cream at the beginning of summer and tell parents what make it is and if they want something different they have to supply it, but all of mine are happy with my sun cream choice.

It makes going out much easier as bag can be packed night before with all hats and only one bottle of sun cream

Jiorjiina
09-07-2013, 11:59 AM
One of my mindees arrive without a hat yesterday, so I made him one using his muslin that comes with him. It was a bit rough and ready, but at least it meant his head and the back of his neck were covered while we were outside (and he loves being outside). I was rather proud of myself.

Funnily enough, his mum didn't say anything yesterday when she saw it, but he arrived with 2 hats today!

Sarahbelle
09-07-2013, 12:09 PM
We are using the paddling pool today as it is hot, hot, hot! Texted all parents last night and said, swimsuit, swim nappy, suncream, sunhat cos we are using the paddling pool. Three arrived this morning with all their kit. Fab. Client that drops at 11.30 turns up and says. He got a cough. I think he's caught it from being in the paddling pool the last couple of days, so I haven't put his kit in because I don't want him in it today! Really?!! :rolleyes: I didn't know you could catch coughs from using the paddling pool! Honestly, the things parents come out with! And her little one has been here nearly two hours now and not a single cough!

He is going to miss out on all the fun this afternoon.

FussyElmo
09-07-2013, 12:23 PM
I did think that but am on fb with her and weekends she is dressed really girly lol

Maybe she using clothes she doesn't mind getting dirty at yours :D

When my girl mindee used to come full time she wore trackies etc a lot with me but when with Mum very girly dresses. Mum sent in stuff she didn't mind me getting filthy. She didn't want me to not do messy play etc :D

Rubybubbles
09-07-2013, 12:28 PM
It's a battle I've never been bothered to fight. I keep plenty of spare sun hats here & always have suncream in. If parents don't send them, I'm not going to stress about it - I just use mine.

We get too few sunny days to waste them being indoors.

If you're not going to provide things yourself, send parents home to get them. They won't do that more than once before getting the message!

same, I buy factor 30 for children with 5* which is better than some of the other creams they send anyway! I do have a good supply of hats which came here and I kept! if they don't bring I don't stress, they would moan that I used to much or something anyway haha