PDA

View Full Version : Term time contracts and MY holiday in August!!.. boring, sorry......

mandy moo
09-07-2013, 07:41 AM
In September Ill will have had 2 of my families for 3 years, Both families are After Schoolers, and wanted Term Time only contracts.

Suits me fine :) Can spend time with my 2 boys..

Out the goodness of my heart...lol Because parents holiday leave doesnt cover all 13 weeks of holidays, I look after their children when they need me.

So bearing all this in mind, why have both families questioned, the 13 days holiday Im taking in August??

I dont get it?

Prehaps its time to sit down and look/re do contracts prehaps?

Kiddleywinks
09-07-2013, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't bother re doing contracts, but I would look at whether you want to cover parents holidays outside of contracted times...... :rolleyes:

You can please some of the people some of the time.......
Don't take it personally that parent's can't organise themselves properly

Roseolivia
09-07-2013, 04:20 PM
The only way my term time parents know of my holidays is in my monthly newsletter. I figure they're not contracted through holidays so i'm not going out of my way to let them know my personal plans.

merry
09-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Out the goodness of my heart...lol Because parents holiday leave doesnt cover all 13 weeks of holidays, I look after their children when they need me.
So bearing all this in mind, why have both families questioned, the 13 days holiday Im taking in August??
I dont get it?
Prehaps its time to sit down and look/re do contracts prehaps?

Clearly that's because we dedicated childminders are so committed to being there for everybody all the time that we don't take holidays just in case someone might need us:laughing: Perhaps a contract review along the lines of 'as you actually do need my services in school holidays, perhaps a retainer fee for the times I'm available would be appropriate' That might be enough to gently remind them what a good deal they're getting now. Can you pass on names of others who might have spaces, or holiday clubs? That's as far as I'd go to help them out, and even doing that would depend on how they 'questioned' my holiday too.

:)

The Juggler
09-07-2013, 08:55 PM
clearly we should be on stand by at all times even for days and hours when the parent hasn't contracted to use our services - that's your job - didn't you know :rolleyes: :laughing::laughing:

Rubybubbles
09-07-2013, 09:21 PM
yup know this one! I have a little one on term time only and said if you want to book in during the holidays pop me an email and I'll check. Well now I said no to 2 dates as I have no other children and going to make the most of it I get the funny's:p tough! Your on term time only, I do it out of the goodness of my heart

miffy
09-07-2013, 09:38 PM

?

I'd just tell them you're not contracted during that time so it's nothing to do with them.

Miffy xx

partyrings
10-07-2013, 07:33 AM
It must be something in the water! I had this last week...a family on term time only (no fee during holidays) got really angry when they realised that I was on holiday during August at the same time as her mum! She shouted across the playground 'what am I going to do?'...mmm...not my problem! I was so cross :/

wendywu
10-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Smile and say - not my problem and hand them a leaflet for your local holiday club.

They really cannot have their cake and eat it and even if they were not term time only you are still entitled to take holiday , makes me so cross :mad:

mandy moo
10-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Thanx for your replies, good to know Im not overthinking it..lol

Hmm I think contracts need to revised thinking about it, 1 family brother & sister, sister going on to secondary school so will very prob'ly only be with me school holidays next academic year..
Family 2, 1 child, however younger brother (goes to private day nursery at moment) joining us in January, may re jig that one too.

Food for thought..

SammySplodger
11-07-2013, 04:23 PM
I do term time only contracts with 'additional hours' agreed at least 4 weeks in advance. I write a note or include in a newsletter the days I am available in the holidays and ask if they need me (some do and some don't). They know these days are a 'bonus'. I think if I ever heard any moaning I'd have to put a paragraph in a newsletter reminding them that I don't contractually have to offer these additional hours at all. How annoying for you! :-/ Some people are so thoughtless / Stoopid.