PDA

View Full Version : feel bad

kims kingdom
08-07-2013, 06:15 PM
My son has tonsillits which he woke up not to bad anyway...
I had my lo today 18month who is also prone to tonsillits now mum is annoyed as I had lo today and shoukd of said bout my son which in honesty I didnt realise it was contagious so now I can't have lo tomorrow which is fair enough as my son will be here off school again now I feel arkward when I see mum again do other people have they own children during day I want to be a really good cm and feel like im rushing around looking after my own children ive not had one child for such long days before so not been a problem seot tho my daughter will be at school so have more time plus my husband isnt assistant as don't want to pay out to do a first aid course but it would really help if he was .
This is more a general getting it off my chest I hate feeling that ive let her down and have said sorry quite a few times I can see it from her point of view I don't know has anyone else been in similar situation s?
Thank u forum peps

sarah707
08-07-2013, 06:56 PM
When dd was little she had tonsillitis every 5 - 6 weeks of her life until she was 5 and the doctors finally took them out!! :(

I worked through every single time - I had no choice - if the children are going to catch it they will catch it - not necessarily from me and mine.

Hugs xx

kims kingdom
08-07-2013, 07:00 PM
When dd was little she had tonsillitis every 5 - 6 weeks of her life until she was 5 and the doctors finally took them out!! :(

I worked through every single time - I had no choice - if the children are going to catch it they will catch it - not necessarily from me and mine.

Hugs xx

Thanks I do go through times where things get on top of me juggleing cm and own children is hard I don't want bad feeling between me and parents.
Thanks

MessybutHappy
08-07-2013, 07:21 PM
I didn't know it was infectious either! Who's to say your dd didn't get it from hers? I would say the only thing I would do if my children were off worth a shore throat is pre-warn the parents, and explain the our activities would be home based for the day. Then they have the choice to send or not! I wouldn't exclude her child if her child was able to join in, and I would make small adjustments to accomidare an under the weather child, provided these didn't impact too greatly on any other children I was minding, so would expect the same in return.

The Juggler
08-07-2013, 09:20 PM
its infectious but just like the common cold - would she keep her LO off every time your child has a cold!?

my dd had it every 3-4 months. I worked through - no-one EVER caught it off her even when she was 5/6 - she had to school run and everything with us.

I always told parents but no-one ever didn't bring their kids

Stapleton83
08-07-2013, 09:27 PM
My DD had it on and off until they took hers out too but on the whole we worked through it and she even went to school as she said she wanted to. I'm sorry but I think the other mum is being unrealistic if she believes she wouldn't catch it from somewhere.

Turn it on its head would she keep her LO off if she had it or still send her?

Chin up.

Sam x

Zoomie
08-07-2013, 09:38 PM
I feel for your DS. Hopefully he is feeling better. I had it abt 5 weeks ago and I was so ill I just couldn't get out of bed for 3 days, and I ended up closing because DD got it on my 5th day too. Dr said it was infectious and it wasn't. Whatever that means.