PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good idea or not?

EmmaReed84
08-07-2013, 05:50 PM
All my children (mindees as well) have a little key chain thing with a laminated card for their details and my details. These get tatty very quickly and I have been thinking about how to resolve this for a while when I had a bit of a light bulb moment.

I was thinking of getting proper key rings (the plastic ones, blank where you put your own piece of paper in) and printing out the children's details on one side, with a picture of me (and husband for our own children) on the back (so if they get lost, whoever is with them knows who to look for) Anyway, this idea grew a bit in to perhaps offering to sell them for parents, they are really cheap to make (in bulk) I worked out I could make them for about 50p and possibly sell them for £1.50. I would be able to advertise them in the local school uniform school and make them to order for other parents.

What do you think? It is really hard to explain it in text LOL, sorry if it makes no sense.

clareelizabeth1
08-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Sounds great to me, although i think the idea might get stolen very quick.

EmmaReed84
08-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Sounds great to me, although i think the idea might get stolen very quick.

Probably, but to be fair, it is not really meant as a massive money maker. And if someone does steal it I will be flattered as it was my idea LOL.

I have loads of ideas, but one thing at a time... :thumbsup:

charlottenash
08-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Where do they put the keyring?

FussyElmo
08-07-2013, 06:17 PM

Was just about to ask the same :D

EmmaReed84
08-07-2013, 06:20 PM

There is a key clip attached to it do you can hang it from the belt hooks, on their bags. 7444

muffins
08-07-2013, 08:05 PM
:thumbsup: Sorry to say it but I've been doing this for the last 8yrs since I started minding, only on day trips though not for everyday trips to toddlers or the park as its very quiet round here! I use the clear keyrings from baker ross, they also do heart shaped ones which go down a hit with the girls, I dont attach them with a clip though I have made bands with poppers on.:)

JulieA
09-07-2013, 10:19 AM
I do this too, first when we went to Disneyland Paris with my own children. They carried a small backpack and I put a photo of child with mum and dad on one side and both mobile numbers on the other. That way there was no language issue and easy to tell if the right adult collected the child. My children were 4 & 6.