PDA

View Full Version : Left a quivering wreck....pre-reg appt for a weeks time!!!!

unalindura77
08-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Inspector called, I thought I'll book in August so I could have some proper time to prepare myself, then get told by Inspector that it has to be by next week! Reason: "'m on annual leave for summer hols after that!"

I'm not sure this is enough time but don't want to wait until September either!!

I'm shaking....

adedwards68
08-07-2013, 05:29 PM
You'll be fine Have a look at Sarah's ebook for pre reg, it got me through mine

sing-low
08-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Deep breaths, you'll be fine. Make sure you've completed your 'preparing for your registration visit' booklet and if you don't have time to do all the things you need to do to your house then write a list of what you still need to do to show Mrs O. Nothing like an inspection to get you moving on all the stuff you've been putting off!

jackie 7
08-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Don't worry. Of you can get a reins to look around for any problems. Move cleaning stuff put of bathroom mindees will use. Have all your Certs in a file and relax.

unalindura77
08-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Don't worry. Of you can get a reins to look around for any problems. Move cleaning stuff put of bathroom mindees will use. Have all your Certs in a file and relax.

Thank you ladies! But alas, the job I am in at the moment has said I cannot have the time off!!!! So what do I do now? Inspector off for whole of summer term!! Next week was the last week she can do...and I don't want to wait until September. Could I request another Inspector? :angry::panic::mad:

Samijanec
08-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Ohh no, sorry, not a clue. Why is our boss being so mean? Couldn't you just call in sick ;)

sing-low
08-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Can't have time off for the inspection or time off to get ready for the inspection? If it's the former, then you can try to request another inspector. If the latter, then you may have to have some late nights. Good practise for childminding - work doesn't end when the children go home!

unalindura77
08-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Can't have time off for the inspection or time off to get ready for the inspection? If it's the former, then you can try to request another inspector. If the latter, then you may have to have some late nights. Good practise for childminding - work doesn't end when the children go home!

Can't have the time off for the actual inspection! What a bummer! And now that I've requested it I can't take it off sick....they'd know.

My job are having a hard time dealing with the fact I'm leaving and they are themselves facing an inspection and grading too (not childcare) and need me to fully attend while I am giving in my notice. I am available all of August which is when I thought we could do it and I would be prepared.

starschildmind
08-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Dont panic about the pre reg visit. I will tell you about mine....

We had taken out 14 conifers in the garden and we still had bits of trees and trunks over the garden.

I had no window locks. And my blind cords where down. I didnt have any child locks or even a stair gate anywhere...

And it was christmas. The lights in the window got caught up on the leg of the dollys cot (they was hanging down).. my dd pulled off the lights. Down came the blinds. Lights and all the stuff on the window seal. Oooooppppsss...!!!

However she came back and did my inspection and she graded me good. And we laughed about the lights!!!

As long as you have a copy of the eyfs and answer her questions and prove your knowledge of activities to develop a child. You will be fine..

With regards to your visit and taking times off.. isnt it law that they have to give you time off for an interview for another job (unpaid) this technically is a job interview for another job. Could try that one!!!

Good luck :)

MessybutHappy
08-07-2013, 08:17 PM
No advice, sorry, but hugs! The actual inspection doesn't take all day, so you'll only need half a days leave...I do wonder what work could/would do if you took the time unauthorised? Would they really start disciplinary proceedings if you are leaving anyway? I'd stick with the date in August, tell work it's incredibly important to you, and, if you can, offer to make up the time with extended hours or weekend work, then do it! You may well have been sick, what would they have fine then? I know it's tough, and doesn't feel very proffesional, but strikes me they aren't being very sensible here?!

unalindura77
09-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Dont panic about the pre reg visit. I will tell you about mine....

We had taken out 14 conifers in the garden and we still had bits of trees and trunks over the garden.

I had no window locks. And my blind cords where down. I didnt have any child locks or even a stair gate anywhere...

And it was christmas. The lights in the window got caught up on the leg of the dollys cot (they was hanging down).. my dd pulled off the lights. Down came the blinds. Lights and all the stuff on the window seal. Oooooppppsss...!!!

However she came back and did my inspection and she graded me good. And we laughed about the lights!!!

As long as you have a copy of the eyfs and answer her questions and prove your knowledge of activities to develop a child. You will be fine..

With regards to your visit and taking times off.. isnt it law that they have to give you time off for an interview for another job (unpaid) this technically is a job interview for another job. Could try that one!!!

Good luck :)

Good lord! You did well not to have a heart attack on the spot ha ha ha I know I would have! But that experience really puts my mind at rest, I will prepare myself as well as I can with the EYFS book and the pre reg form I found here.

I don't really want to tell them it's for an inspection as I haven't told them so far and they are super stressed at the moment......I just cannot wait to be out of there.

charlottenash
09-07-2013, 10:01 AM
When are you leaving your current work? They can't sack you on the spot for calling in sick, so so it as a one off, the time they go through procedures etc you'll be gone?

unalindura77
09-07-2013, 06:46 PM
When are you leaving your current work? They can't sack you on the spot for calling in sick, so so it as a one off, the time they go through procedures etc you'll be gone?

That's true but I am a super wimp. They would know I didn't get the day off so took it off sick instead :blush: I would just feel too bad plus I need their good reference if the childminding doesn't work out!

Rang the Inspector and she said to call Ofsted and ask them if they can assign another inspector to me....this is nerve wracking! Can't wait for this to be over....