PDA

View Full Version : Planned Activities - Doing enough?

Kerry1981
08-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Does anyone else worry that they're doing too much or not enough with mindees?

I plan a fortnight's activities covering all ages of the kids I have as well as a number, shape and letter focus - I do complete that over the week and of course if anyone needs a bit more time on anything then I do revisit it with them until we're all happy.

But I can't help but worry i'm not doing enough - I don't want to run them ragged and am conscious of our activities remaining fun...

I'm quite new to childminding so maybe worrying for nothing but does anyone have any advise on this?

Thanks

mrs robbie williams
08-07-2013, 01:48 PM
I don't do as much planning as I did as I find the lo's weren't really interested my r are all under 3 though I think once one starts lee school j jan j will plan more with her. I do use the assess ment sheets s d plan next steps

munch149
08-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Mine are all under2 so doing less planning now. Its alot of more planned activities they can play with freely. Also sometimes worry if I'm doing enough but I'm out at a lot of groups with activities and don't have alot of time at home

kel1983
08-07-2013, 03:03 PM
We do planning but it all goes to pot when we have good weather as we end up out in the garden or at the park

sarah707
08-07-2013, 04:47 PM
I plan an activity in the morning and one in the afternoon for the little ones eg.

Monday - outing to the park with footballs / water play

Tuesday - singing group / playdough etc...

For the older children I do more because they get involved and plan their own activities. They love themes and take them in their own directions.

I teach numbers, shapes, letters, opposites and all the rest through play eg the children were unaware they were learning about capacity during water play... they were weighing and measuring when making playdough etc.

hth :D