PDA

View Full Version : My first leaver :(

kellyskidz!
08-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Hi all
My first ever mindee is leaving today as he's off on holiday then to Big School after the Summer Hols. So sad because he was my first official mindee when I started my business last Sept.
Been tearful all day and am dreading 3pm when dad comes in case I burst into tears!
On a business note is there anything I need to do since he's leaving?
Got his LJ ready for him to take and a Goodbye card. Do I make a note on the contract and get Dad to sign?
I've already got his notice in writing so do I just put it with contract and other info and file it away? Never had anyone leave before so unsure of what to do xx

skatie
08-07-2013, 03:57 PM
That's so lovely that you are attached to your first leaver. I have my first leaver going on 24th of July to big school next year and I can't wait to see the back of her, sounds terrible but she is a handful!! I'm sure I'll do a gig of pure delight as soon as I shut the door on her last day!

With regards to the rest of your questions I'm not sure. Of the answers but will be keeping my eye on the replies so I know what to do on the 24th.

Don't be ashamed to cry. When dad collects, I'm sure he would be touched that his LO means so much to you. Xx

Samijanec
08-07-2013, 04:09 PM
My first is also leaving soon :(

shortstuff
08-07-2013, 04:11 PM
im in the same boat as i have my first lo leaving on 23rd. I will be looking at this post with interest x

as skatie says dont be bashful if you are upset it will be like giving the child permission to show it if they feel the same x

kellyskidz!
09-07-2013, 07:43 AM
I cried!:blush:
It was so sad, knowing I'll probably not see him again as they live quite far out. Dad was so nice too, said thank you for everything, he's come on so much thanks to you and we'll all miss you. How could I not have cried after that lol!
I did give him the LJ and the card and his artwork folder, I also made a note on the contract saying contract ended 8/7/2013 and dad just signed next to it as I wasn't really sure what I had to do.
My OH was very understanding and took me and our daughter out for tea to cheer me up
Feeling more positive this morning, still got my other fab mindees and i know its all part of being a minder, letting them go once they're growing up!

skatie
09-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Ah what a gentle heart you have! And your oh was really good o take you out to tea.

hectors house
09-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Oh bless you, wish I could say it gets easier but it doesn't - I have one going to school September and even though I'm sure he will still going to come back for odd days in the holidays, I will still get upset. Last year I did a small snapfish photo book of a mindee who had been with me for 3 years - I ended up crying as I was choosing the photos to put in it and saying to my husband "That's another one gone and grown up before my eyes".

Maybe you could e-mail your lo from time to time and ask them to e-mail you a photo of him in his school uniform on first day.:)

Rubybubbles
09-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Having had lots of leavers over the years or me moving it doesn't get easier although some times you do cheer on the last shut of the door.

I have 4leaving and 1 just left :-( busy times to be on a military base!!

Rick
09-07-2013, 02:59 PM
I haven't had a leaver yet.....not sure how I'll feel.....I suppose it depends on how well i get on with the children and parents! :laughing:

kellib
09-07-2013, 03:34 PM
I have one leaving in August, quite gutted as he's my favourite mindee (are we allowed favourites lol)

Also his times fit in perfectly with my schedule so it's going to be a pain trying to get someone to replace him without doing hours I don't want to do!

Bumble Beez
09-07-2013, 03:45 PM
I always cry when LO's leave...I had one girl who I had from 2yrs till 9 and she only left cos of mum moving jobs and having to relocate :'( still keep in touch and send birthday cards etc which is nice :D
Always feel like such a wimp however I get to where the children feel like my extended family and losing them feels awful!

Sarah x

karen m
09-07-2013, 06:57 PM
I have had a few leave over the years , either parents changing jobs or giving up work , I have cried some amount of tears