PDA

View Full Version : Communicating with other settings

sarahb1985
07-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Sorry if this is something I should know but I haven't come across it yet! I currently mind a 17 month old who is with me 2 days a week and their auntie 3 days a week. I only mind the one child at the moment and am due my ofsted inspection soon. I am worried that I will get marked down for not being able to show that I communicate with other settings. I'm wondering whether I should/whether I could in some way swap development details with the auntie or is that not expected/ would it not help with ofsted?

I believe it would help the child and help me plan activities that the child is not doing with auntie, but have no idea what information to ask for/ to give.

I have 2 mindees starting in september, would plans to communicate with their pre schools be enough to show ofsted that I am aware of the importance?

Stapleton83
07-07-2013, 08:47 PM
If it was me then I would definitely try and get involved with auntie, it will help with your learning journey and shows your commitment to working with others for the children's development.

In terms of the other two it might be worth having letters for parents to sign and an idea (probably written of how you plan to liaise with pre-school.

Good luck,

Sam

karensmart4
07-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Can you put together a simple form for Auntie to complete explaining to her that you want to do your best for the little one, and it would be helpful to you if you could both share information.

E.g. What I did at Auntie...

I learnt these new things/words....

I liked playing with .....

:)

Rick
07-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi, I did a simple form attached in this thread. Hope it helps!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/eyfs-general/117492-sharing-information-getting-information-other-settings.html