PDA

View Full Version : Help- what do I charge???

val555
07-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone,
I am just in the process of getting my business up and running after successfully passing my pre reg (which was long process in itself-
long story!!!) I'm getting in a bit of a kerfuffle about what to charge and wondered what the going rate is these days. I realise that everyone is different and fees can vary widely region to region. I suppose I'm just trying to work out a rough figure before I advertise. The problem is that I do actually need to make some money from this, but i don't want to put parents off by charging too much. It's hard finding a happy medium! I'd be grateful if some of you guys could offer advice- Many thanks

oxfordshirecm
07-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Firstly I don't advertise my prices which allows me to be flexible to work the parent wants for example be able to give a discount for full time twins etc. also I would check out childcare.co.uk to see if you can see if any other local childminders near you have their prices advertised x

maria obi
07-07-2013, 08:25 PM
hi all,
am new in this forum.am a spanish teacher relocated in manchester M11 3 months ago.am thinking to become a childminder here, but, i have many doubts.could be possible to have a different house to work? possible in the same street? or next door? cos my husband normally work at home and i dont want to disturb him with his job.where can i go to ask for studying my cypod5? or can i study by pacey?.thanks

Rick
07-07-2013, 08:29 PM
hi all,
am new in this forum.am a spanish teacher relocated in manchester M11 3 months ago.am thinking to become a childminder here, but, i have many doubts.could be possible to have a different house to work? possible in the same street? or next door? cos my husband normally work at home and i dont want to disturb him with his job.where can i go to ask for studying my cypod5? or can i study by pacey?.thanks

Hi Maria, a childminder works in their home so couldn't do it elsewhere (unless you worked in partnership with another CM or as a CM assistant).

You need to contact your local authority Family Information Service who will tell you about your next course. Have a read of this thread.

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits/117176-registering-childminder.html

maria obi
07-07-2013, 08:33 PM
ok. thank u very much