PDA

View Full Version : returning to work

chels55
07-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Due back to work next week after 9 months off on Maternity. Everything seems to have changed- Do we have to use a agency now? what do they do? What does Pacey stand for? what else have i missed? oh god whats happened! :o

FussyElmo
07-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Welcome back.

No we don't have to join an agency. At the minute they are still in the trial stages some areas will be piloting them I think.

Pacey is the new name for NCMA.

The new EYFS came in last sept so you should be ok with that just a bit of refreshing for you.

Koala
07-07-2013, 06:07 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: oh dear you do need to catch up, welcome back to work and I am sure you thoroughly enjoyed your break, I hope you and bubba are well.

No we don't use agencies, yet or maybe never will, they are still a bit mysterious at the moment.
I don't know exactly what they are going to do, be or much else about them. It's a surprise!!
PACEY - Professional Agency for Childcare and Early Years - used to be NCMA (but have sold out to the whole world, i.e. representing all childcare providers devaluing their support and value for Childminders, in my opinion.)

Oh I bet your glad to be back :D

chels55
07-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Its been blissful :-) time to start back and very lucky to have all my children return.
next thing i need to sort out any paperwork that needs updating and informing the cssiw of my return.
will be on here checking up on things as much as possible... I get more answers on here than i do from cssiw and so glad to have the support..

oxfordshirecm
07-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Sarah has produced a document on here for Achebe list of what changes need to be made so you just need to search for the thread. Welcome back :) x