PDA

View Full Version : Dog in kitchen

Petshrinklj
06-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Blooming heck this safe and healthy home module is giving me more questions. It says dogs shouldn't be allowed in kitchen. My plan was to stair gate the kitchen and keep my dog in there. Does anyone else do this. At moment I keep her dishes in there and planned to move her bed in there during minded hours. The reason I thought this would be good is I don't plan on having any toys in my kitchen so kids are unlikely to be in there unless we are baking. So it make sense for dog to be there then she can have some peace away from the kids. She is a basset hound so has little legs so she won't be jumping on the counter licking the kids dinner as I make it lol.

clareelizabeth1
06-07-2013, 10:11 AM
My dogs are either outside in the dog garden or in kitchen. Like you say makes sense for them to be in the kitchen as that is where the children never go unsupervised.

Jods
06-07-2013, 10:14 AM
My dogs have their bit of garden and are allowed in the hall way and in the kitchen x I also have supervised tennis ball and dog play with the mindees :)

FussyElmo
06-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Mine are both in the kitchen, their bed, food and water are kept in there too :thumbsup:

There is a gate but that's to protect the dogs from the mindee he doesn't leave them alone :laughing::laughing:

Both Ofsted and the food inspector said it was fine :thumbsup:

Petshrinklj
06-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Thank you all for your replies. That's another thing I can cross off my worries list.

Daisy De
06-07-2013, 02:17 PM
My dogs have free access in the house and garden and water bowl is in the kitchen. I was all ready to defend my animals with Ofsted, especially as I heard they didn't want to see water bowls down, there is no way I would remove my dogs access to fresh water. I have policies, permissions and risks assessments but when she came she did look at all those things but didn't say anything that I needed to defend :)

Bumble Beez
06-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Mine are both in the kitchen, their bed, food and water are kept in there too :thumbsup:

There is a gate but that's to protect the dogs from the mindee he doesn't leave them alone :laughing::laughing:

Both Ofsted and the food inspector said it was fine :thumbsup:

Snap...both dongles in the kitchen, stair gate on with their beds etc...poor things would get no peace otherwise cos the kids love em! Ofsted never questioned it and they're so good that they don't pester for anything :)

Sarah x

hectors house
06-07-2013, 07:49 PM
I argued with the tutor on Food hygiene course about this - she said as I was running a business from home that involved food preparation that my dogs couldn't be in kitchen, but when I asked her if she had dogs she said she did and they lived in the kitchen - but she said "She wasn't running a food business"!

I ignored her - dogs are in kitchen, they only have a water bowl in there, they get feed breakfast and supper in the untility. I hoover the floor and their dog beds every morning and wash the floor - mindees never go in kitchen, I have stair gate to keep them out. Children are more likely to get one of my hairs in their lunch than one of the dogs hairs - and no I'm not going to wear a hair net - this is a home - not a food business!

FussyElmo
06-07-2013, 07:51 PM
I argued with the tutor on Food hygiene course about this - she said as I was running a business from home that involved food preparation that my dogs couldn't be in kitchen, but when I asked her if she had dogs she said she did and they lived in the kitchen - but she said "She wasn't running a food business"!

I ignored her - dogs are in kitchen, they only have a water bowl in there, they get feed breakfast and supper in the untility. I hoover the floor and their dog beds every morning and wash the floor - mindees never go in kitchen, I have stair gate to keep them out. Children are more likely to get one of my hairs in their lunch than one of the dogs hairs - and no I'm not going to wear a hair net - this is a home - not a food business!

Inconsistencies again :panic:

Mine was lovely told me to argue with Ofsted if they said I couldn't have the dog food/water in there :thumbsup: