PDA

View Full Version : photo permission

serin
05-07-2013, 10:08 PM
I have just had contracts signed with a mindee for September. I have used the Morton Michel ones. On the contract the mum has ticked yes to photographs taken for recording activities events or daily routine and also for record of childs development. She has not ticked for photos for own album, coursework, adverts etc. I am wondering, if i have 2 or 3 mindees participating in a particular activity, does that mean I cant take a picture of them together and send to the parents?

MessybutHappy
05-07-2013, 11:08 PM
I have the MM contracts too, I would discuss with Mum and then write to confirm what you've both agreed. She either may not understand the implications, or she may not be ok with other families having photos of her child, in which case you are going to have to get creative when taking group photo's.

chriss
05-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Do you not have a separate permission form for photos ? I know MM do have certain things on contracts so might seem like repeating yourself, but you can tailor your permission forms to suit you.

Koala
06-07-2013, 04:55 AM
I write my own contracts and recently had a parent do similar, I spoke to parent to reassure her that her son would not be plastered all over the internet, used for publicity etc... etc... it was purely for the setting (I have pictures up on displays for all to see) and off course I have to have permission for other childminders, trainers etc... etc... to be able to see them, and I like to take group photos to put in diaries for all the parents and children to see it helps parents to integrate with their childs friends.

I'm in the process of re drafting the wording as it can be taken as a bit 'full on' and I will draft a specific photo authorisation for her.

This is the first time anyone has objected and i have minded 10 years. I think she was just been a bit precious, however, it's good to know that she actually read the contract. I know a lot don't.

sarah707
06-07-2013, 05:58 AM
Check with mum - she might prefer it if you blur the child's face / body if s/he is inadvertently in a group photo or she might want you to miss the child out completely - it's important you are clear on what she wants so you don't make mistakes.

Hth :D

Sarsar3NCH
06-07-2013, 07:29 AM
I had a parent do this too but once we discussed it properly she ticked some more. I agree that it might be best to write your own and tailor the wording. I have also realised that it is best to go through the contracts and permissions thoroughly with the parents, I had always been a bit shy about it and sent them home to read and sign before, now we do it together

serin
08-07-2013, 10:11 PM
I have sent her an email asking for clarification regarding photos stored on my camera until I have completed paperwork, and whether she agrees to blurred photos of her son sent to other parents or just individual photos only.

It is something I have never come across for a parent to not given permission...

chriss
09-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Parents have every right to not want their childs photos on display in your house, or another childs LJ. Its not for us to decide they are being unreasonable just because it might inconvenience us, or we have not come across this before.

Their child. Their choice.

hectors house
09-07-2013, 08:18 AM
I show parents a copy of a Learning Journal with group photos in and explain to them that these photos are their child's childhood memories and they won't look or sound so great if I have to blank out faces or write Tom playing with X & Y. Everyone loves the photos in my Learning Journals and no-one has ever objected.

EmmaReed84
09-07-2013, 11:27 AM
If I have a parent who wishes not have their child in certain photos I will edit the picture with my logo on their face so you can't see them. :D

So far no one has wanted me to do that, and they all love seeing me put their pictures up on my FB page and tagging them on the picture.