PDA

View Full Version : Development officer and other questions

Petshrinklj
05-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Hi all me again with all my questions lol.
A Development officer was mentioned as a source of support on my online cypop course and I think I've heard that term mentioned on this forum. Do you get one assigned to you once registered or is someone I have to source on my own. What exactly do they do?

Also I've heard it mention about having a back-up minder so if I or my kids was ill. I could make suggestions to parents on other childminders they could use. How would I go about sorting this out. Do I just approach other minders? I'm worried they will turn their nose up at an inexperienced new childminder.

blue bear
05-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Development officers vary in each county what with cut backs they are getting less and less. Here they are employed by the local council and give you a ring to arrange a vibist soon after registration.

Ring around some local minders ask if there are any groups you could join, some minders can be clicky but my experience most are friendly and willing to help out newbies and each other in general. Childminding can be a lonely business if you don't make friends.

sarah707
05-07-2013, 07:20 PM
We still have support in Cheshire east but they don't in lots of areas. We are here on the forum if you need us just ask x

Petshrinklj
06-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Thank you both. :)