PDA

View Full Version : Help new child

Ambilys
05-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Hi i need a bit of advice. I have a new child who is about 1 and the whole week he has done nothing but scream all day. Unless he is being fed or carries around he wont stop. Mum has supplies stuff for teething incase this is the reason.
I believe the child is carried around at home and picked up if they star crying. Is it a goo idea to talk to the parent about this ? and is it my place to say that it needs to stop as i am unable to care for other children if i have to carry him around. I also physically cant carry him as he is bigger sized child. I have got to my last thread today and am not looking forward to next week.
Please some advice on what is best to do.

jackie 7
05-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Been there and got the tee shirt. You can't and shouldn't carry him. Give him toys and low music and just keep going. You will realise that gradually hd is crying less and less. Also get out as much as possible. Good luck

kellyskidz!
05-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I think you're totally within your rights to mention to mum that he's been a little clingy and that you're trying to curb it for the sake of the other children you work with. Maybe mum will also start doing this at home, surely she doesnt want him hanging off her all the time, we have things to do where its dangerous for them to be on our arms, such as washing up or even making cups of tea lol!
I'm guessing he's an only child so mum probably had the time to carry him everywhere, whereas you don't.
It's hopefully just a phase that he'll get over, and the more you don't pick him up but give him fun things to do the more he'll know what you expect and things should go smoothly (or as smoothly as they ever do!)
Good luck xx