PDA

View Full Version : 9month old eats EVERYTHING.

Mrsh3103
05-07-2013, 09:25 AM
So yesterday I had to wrestle my ds to get a slug out of his hand, he was about to eat it.
Everything has to be put in his mouth! At the moment he has a fetish for shoes :-/
I'm beginning to dread playing outside while he is awake as I'm constantly taking mud, stones, grass etc out of his hand or mouth.
I've thought about putting the travel cot up in the garden & giving him a selection of toys to play with.
Has anyone got any better ideas? I hate the thought of penning him in as he loves being outside so much. But I'm also worried I might not notice the next time he tries to eat a slug!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

sarah707
05-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Welcome to my world! It's fun isn't it?!? :laughing:

All you can do is watch them - my friends' daughter ate a slug and she's just passed her first year at uni with a 1st so it's not going to cause any long term damage :D

Stapleton83
05-07-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm afraid one of my LOs is the same and he is 15 months he tried eating bird poo the other day and when I told mum she laughed and said he has done it at home too!

Try not to worry just keep your eyes peeled.

Sam x

The Juggler
05-07-2013, 12:52 PM
i have one of these - now 2 and still at it - sand, chalks, water out the water tray - anything - literally!

mrstom
05-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Welcome to my world! It's fun isn't it?!? :laughing:

All you can do is watch them - my friends' daughter ate a slug and she's just passed her first year at uni with a 1st so it's not going to cause any long term damage :D

Ewwwwwwww that is horrible! Even thinking about it makes me shudder...imagine it getting stuck in your teeth!!

At least it's a funny story to remind her of when she brings home a boyfriend :D

Mrsh3103
05-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Im more concerned that I would be sick to be honest. He'll eat anything, spicy curries,
peperami. His favourite food at the moment is lemons.
We've nicknamed him tank, if he wants something he won't go around whatever/ whoever is in the way he goes over or through it.
There was a situation last week where my little darling rugby tackled a mindee & crawled over him, toes to head to get something. So glad mindees mum found it funny!

I think I will just keep going as I am & hope he grows out of it. I can't bear the thought of having to listen to his screams because he can't get to the yummy worms.

dette
05-07-2013, 02:25 PM
I have a mindee who is the same.she is just turned 1yr.Her mam told me that daddy went to check on her in the morning and rushed back shouting L has been sick !!! mammy went to check but it wasn't sick ..L had been eating POO from her nappy ...EEEERRRRRRR.it was all round her mouth and all over her hands

Helen79
05-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Have you got a ball pool or paddling pool you could put him in with toys or balls? It's not going to stop him from getting out like a travel cot but he'll still feel like he's playing with everyone else.
It's messy but sitting him a tough spot tray outside with messy play that he can eat like cornflakes, dry porridge, rice crispies, gloop, jelly with spoons, pots, pans, sieves might keep him busy while the others play.

TooEarlyForGin?
05-07-2013, 03:56 PM
I have a little girl, who puts everything in her mouth, including bubble mixture and salty playdough. Today I had 3 little ones crunching sand uuiurrrrgggghhhh

Mrsh3103
05-07-2013, 04:22 PM
I've tried him in my tuff spot with corn flakes, cooked pasta & so many toys he can barely move but the mud is more appealing. He'll play for a few mins then he's off stuffing what ever he can reach in his mouth. He keeps me on my toes :) no chilled out afternoons in the garden for me lol

clareelizabeth1
05-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I had a lo who was happily sitting kept putting his thumb and finger on to the floor then to his mouth. Very happy with him self. So i went to have a look. I had not realises and sat him next to an ants nest and he was picking them off one by one. His mother found it so funny and wished i had taken a picture. I was very impressed with his fine motor skills he was only 10 months.