PDA

View Full Version : Parliamentary questions on agencies...please read

Simona
05-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Please scroll down to '646w' and read the answer Truss gave regarding who is engaged in agencies ...something is not quite right!

This info is from the ECU bulletin

House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 18 Jun 2013 (pt 0003) (http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmhansrd/cm130618/text/130618w0003.htm#130618129000108)

The Juggler
05-07-2013, 11:10 AM
and indeed 647 - she has spoken and consulted about the quality of early years provision :panic: yeah right and then decided to ignore all their advice, years of research and try to put 2 and 3 year olds in formal education - she is just weaving a web of lies :panic:

sarah707
05-07-2013, 11:27 AM
But why aren't they all challenging her? :( We know PLA are set against agencies - and many others are on the list she keeps trotting out - but apart from the odd statement (with the exception of PLA who have made it very clear where they stand) the rest are letting her get away with saying she has consulted them :(

Simona
05-07-2013, 12:10 PM
I contacted Family and Childcare Trust this morning
They too are not for agencies, they do not want us to lose our individual inspection and they have emailed their objections

https://dub123.mail.live.com/default.aspx?id=64855#!/mail/ViewOfficePreview.aspx?messageid=d9117c7e-e566-11e2-ab86-00215ad7bb68&folderid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&n=274835875

I also spoke to PLA who have reinforced they are against agencies
I also called Pacey and they are monitoring the situation especially around LAs setting up agencies

We need to be vocal and get heard...reading articles is to keep informed but more needs to be done

The Juggler
05-07-2013, 01:02 PM
But why aren't they all challenging her? :( We know PLA are set against agencies - and many others are on the list she keeps trotting out - but apart from the odd statement (with the exception of PLA who have made it very clear where they stand) the rest are letting her get away with saying she has consulted them :(

exactly - why don't PACEY meet with her - the way she has responded makes it look likes she's trying to meet with them but they don't want to meet her. For their own sake they should put this to right - if I were a member of PACEY I'd be very miffed that PACEY hadn't actively sought a meeting with her (unless I'm mistaken?)

Simona
05-07-2013, 03:18 PM
I think pacey have made it clear they will not engage with the agency issue because they are against them and are awaiting the IPPR report

I have always said they should have sat at that Task and Finish group to 'LISTEN'...all those there are against agencies and arguing against them but gaining valuable insight.

If you could pop in pacey local you would find the many questions put to them

My understanding from those I have spoken to is that the agency framework for inspecting cms is what is being developed and Ofsted are always present at the meetings...that framework will form part of the Childcare Act 2006...
I will try to put a link here as it is widely available now....Sarah help!!

You will see that it is the basis of the pilots to trial 'certain' aspects of the agencies...I also understand that no cms will be in those trials but correct me if I am wrong so the consultation will be around quality assurance and the infrastructure of the agency and ethics on which their inspection will be based

I am trying to find out as much as I can but we can't be far away from an announcement...those in Lancs can always ask their EY team