PDA

View Full Version : Goverment funded places application form! Help needed!!

sunview_cm
04-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Eek I'm just getting round to fill in my application to provide the free goverment places. I need a buisness plan with financial plans/statement and a marketing plan!? Help! What do I need to do!?

X

hectors house
04-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Sorry can't help - haven't got round to taking my form out of the envelope yet - it arrived the day before the MGC was announced - so was initially too busy writing letters to MP's and now have lost interest. Can you not approach someone else in your area who offers funded places and ask them for advice - or ask your DO officer?

Simona
04-07-2013, 09:01 PM
I assume your LA is allowing you to do the funding or as a network cms you are entitled to draw it
Why do you need a business plan, with financial statement? that should be your private information and not a condition that can be imposed on you or any cm?

If you are good /o's that is all that is required...the LAs cannot ask you for such info ...what has it got to do with providing the spaces for the children? have they given you a reason?
sorry for all the questions...

Share if you can because it looks like LAs are still imposing conditions on cms and I would like to take that up with the DfE

sarah707
05-07-2013, 06:32 AM
LAs have been told my the DfE that they have got to stop putting these barriers in the way of outstanding and good childminders offering funded places.

Please be confident to go to your LA and question why they are asking you to do extra work - who does it benefit? how does it help the children? What will it achieve? Why do they want the information? What will it be used for?

Hth :D

Nicola Carlyle
05-07-2013, 06:37 AM
I was told as of September any satisfactory, good or outstanding as well as newly registered childminders will be able to draw the funding and that my local authority will not be able to make demands with regards to what we MUST have (ie loops we have to jump through) in order to do so!

Simona
05-07-2013, 06:58 AM
What the DfE says and what EY do is 2 totally different things...unfortunately they are still in control and I fear will win on this as long as they find those places for the 2 year olds

I am off to email the DfE now on my experience after my meeting with my EY last night

As I have said before ...watch the barriers they put in your way...please let the DfE know if you are experiencing problems