PDA

View Full Version : Overpayment via childcare vouchers

Katiekoo
04-07-2013, 04:06 PM
One tto parent I have uses vouchers to pay me, only... because of some illness and school holidays they have some overpayments that I've kept track of and used as credit the following month. However this has built up to a significant amount now and I am uncomfortable with the situation, I'm not sure if its ok to work in credit like this with vouchers?
Her voucher scheme won't let her stop payment/ reduce payments coming out of her account, she can stop it coming to me but it will be stuck in her voucher account until she can use it. I can't see her ever using up all the credited money. She asked if I can receive the payment and then give it to her, I said no - um tax avoidance! So what can we do?
I do some babysitting for her, can I use the vouchers for that?
Any advice welcomed :)

butterfly
04-07-2013, 04:09 PM
She should be able to state how much of her wages are converted to childcare vouchers and therefore should be able to reduce the amount. I have a family who pay me the full amount allowed and then top up any extra each month. Last month their vouchers were too much because they were on holiday a lot so I credited it to this month. She shouldn't convert the entire amount needed if she can't use it! Babysitting is fine I think - she's still paying you for childcare.

Katiekoo
04-07-2013, 04:20 PM
They will let her change how much she's paying me, but won't let her change how much she has taken from her salary until January! Think I will just get asked to do lots of babysitting!

unalindura77
04-07-2013, 04:42 PM
They will let her change how much she's paying me, but won't let her change how much she has taken from her salary until January! Think I will just get asked to do lots of babysitting!

I don't think I would like that very much, basically having to do babysitting because of their error!

Very uncomfortable, I understand as I would feel the same!

Tazmin68
04-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Hi

I wouldn't really have a problem with any credit. One of my families had nearly £200 credit at the end of last month. I have child two days a week therefore sometimes getting £243 through childcare vouchers exceeds the cost of childcare but thn when we have a 5 week month it gets closer to balancing out.

shortstuff
04-07-2013, 05:18 PM
i had a mum just last week discover that she had been paying in to cv's, they have allowed her to drop her contributions down to £1 per month until she wishes to raise it again. Are you sure she isnt just trying to persuade you to refund her and hasnt asked at all?

karen m
04-07-2013, 05:23 PM
I was thinking same as Jane Tracy , I had a parent pay cv a few years ago and they were allowed to alter how much was taken from wages

Katiekoo
04-07-2013, 08:05 PM
I have just this evening confirmed it with the cv scheme, unless its a major change for a significant amount of time, changes are only allowed every six months. They said babysitting is fine, but errrgh! I don't really want to be at their be k and call all summer long!

Chatterbox Childcare
05-07-2013, 08:07 AM
The problem with babysitting and using the money is that the babysitting will have to go through your books

Katiekoo
05-07-2013, 08:46 AM
I put babysitting through my books anyway. I just hate having money in my account that I've not earned yet :(

Mouse
05-07-2013, 08:46 AM
I would tell parents to only send you the amount you invoice them for. They'll then build up the money in their voucher account and it's up to them to sort it out with the voucher company. Use up all the credit they have with you before they start paying you again. I certainly wouldn't be babysitting just to use up the extra money.

wendywu
05-07-2013, 08:55 AM
I would tell parents to only send you the amount you invoice them for. They'll then build up the money in their voucher account and it's up to them to sort it out with the voucher company. Use up all the credit they have with you before they start paying you again. I certainly wouldn't be babysitting just to use up the extra money.

I agree with this, they do not have to pass the money on to you. It is better in their account rather than in yours. Around our area vouchers can be used to pay for some swimming lessons also activity courses in the holidays.

Perhaps you should offer to have the children so mum and dad can go away for a long weekend that should wipe a good few hundred pounds off of it :laughing:

samb
05-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Can you not put through a refund to the voucher company? That way she doesn't have to make changes but its not in your account its in her voucher account? I have been over paid before and just rang the company and arranged a transfer.