PDA

View Full Version : Lost all my certificates!

maisiemog
04-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Having a major panic about it too as I'm overdue ofsted! Most of them I'm not too fussed about but I've lost my first aid and safeguarding ones! Think I can get a replacement safeguarding one but not my first aid one! Thankfully I'm booked on to my refresher next month but still panicking!

I was a muppet basically and had an interview today for a voluntary position at a special needs school. Parking is really bad so I caught the bus and left my certificates on the bus. Hopefully they will be handed in but I'm not optimistic about it!

What do I do in the mean time as it looks like I have no valid first aid training but that certificate covers me until October.

Arghh! I could cry! But on a plus note they are keen for me to work there and it could lead to a paid position eventually if I wanted it!!!

jackie 7
04-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Ring the bus company and see if it has been found. Was your crb in if?

maisiemog
04-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I've already rang them and have to wait til the driver gets back to the depot. Thankfully no CRB in there but everything else is! My Nvq one isn't in there either, just the old one where they spelt my surname wrong so that's something I guess! Only I could be this silly! Guarantee that it now means ofsted will ring me soon!!!! Might just ignore all withheld numbers for a while :-)

rickysmiths
04-07-2013, 01:58 PM
I always scan my First Aid and Child Protection Certs into the Computer because I only put copies of them in my parents folder but it does mean I have a copy.

maisiemog
04-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Learnt the hard way to do that now! My early years officer said to ring St. John to see if they can offer any proof i attended the course with dates. Other than that I need to pray ofsted don't come knocking before August! And then I go away for the two weeks after I finish the course! Still can't believe I could be so stupid! First time I've caught the bus in nearly a year as well!

blue bear
04-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Most bodies will issue duplicates for a fee ring the company you did it with and ask them for a copy make it clear you are willing to pay and how important it is for you to have the certificate or proof of completing the course.

Mouse
04-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Fingers crossed they will turn up. They're no use to anyone else, so hopefully someone will have handed them in.

In my portfolio I have colour photocopies of all my certificates. Perhaps that should be your first job if they do turn up :thumbsup: