PDA

View Full Version : How do you advertise?

Schnakes
04-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi - I had 3 of my six kids leave over Christmas (brother and sister have moved areas, little girl left for primary school), so now I have some big gaping holes to fill. Have been advertising since December (Gumtree, vacancies poster in window etc) but am wondering if you have any tips for filling spaces?

My doctors, health clinic and library dont do advertising. Ive put another poster up on the police noticeboard....cant think of anything else atm!

Sx

LittleMissSparkles
04-01-2008, 07:15 PM
hospital boards
local kidslincs site
council offices
play barns and centre where children go alot
shop windows
school reception office/area
car windows

you could do what John does and drop busness cards everywhere !

you could advertise on the free websites, yell.com, my local services etc

hope that helps

sure everyone else will come up with lots of ideas

xxx

Schnakes
04-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Ooh, some good ones there Susan, thanks!

Spangles
04-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Netmums

CIS

Local leaflet drop

Wear a 'childminder' t-shirt when you're out and about

Ad in your car window

Can't think of anything else at the mo!

berkschick
04-01-2008, 08:08 PM
I have had a few enquiries from Gumtree. I have also posted on Netmums and replied to a few posts left on there. There was a lady in Reading town centre looking for 4 days a week but I was too far away from her. Also a lady in Mortimer emailed me looking for minder for her 2 daughters from February 3 days a week but one of the days is a Thursday and I am full so I couldnt help her. If any of these could be of interest ( not sure where you are in Reading) then PM me your details and I will pass them on to the parents.

I am having problems with Wokingham CIS. They just havent put me on their system despite promising me they would!

Love

Debbie

Schnakes
04-01-2008, 08:33 PM
The only replies Ive had from Gumtree were from scammers. Twice!! Im sure it was the same person actually. Very dodgy - Im a bit weary of Gumtree although I still advertise there.

Well, thats not fair...if they werent scammers then they should take a good hard look at the way they try to get care for their kids!

Sx

Lou
04-01-2008, 08:34 PM
what is gumtree?

berkschick
04-01-2008, 08:42 PM
One of my mindees were from Gumtree so I would recomend it lol but I am biased!

Gumtree is a bit like freeads, adtrader or whatever they call themselves but it is only internet based.

Love

Debbie

brillminder
06-06-2008, 06:17 PM
hi i use the bags( pm if want to see photos) i make and put well written card in local post office etccarry card all the time and have a sticker in my car good luck