PDA

View Full Version : filing my accounts to hmrc help!

debh
04-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi, iI hope somebody can help me with an accountant problem. I uses an accountant for the first time last year as I work with another childminder (my daughter) and the actual filing the accounts was getting a bit complicated although I keep on top of my weekly book keeping using spreadsheets. I was going to try and file my accounts to hmrc myself this year as the accountant was quite expensive but can't get on the hmrc page is this because I used an accountant last year , I have tried e-mailing and ringing the accountant but he hasn't resonded. This is all causing me stress does anyone have an accountant that will just file my accopunts to the hmrc. I hope this makes sense.

CH1957
04-07-2013, 11:34 AM
You have to apply to HMRC for an access code before you can online. If you ring them they will advise, or look on their website, I think you can do through that. It takes about 2 weeks for the code to come but you don't need to apply each year, next year you'll be able to get in. Once into online filing, its quite easy to do. just make sure you have all your information to hand and save at the end of each page. HTH

Chatterbox Childcare
04-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I could be wrong but I cannot see an accountant filing them unless they can audit them first.

debh
04-07-2013, 12:46 PM
I could be wrong but I cannot see an accountant filing them unless they can audit them first.

Yes he did audit them last year but too be honest he didn't change anything and forgot about the 10% for wear and tear then charged me £350.00
so I was not best impressed .

CH1957
04-07-2013, 07:07 PM
That's really expensive!! I am a Bookkeeper and used to work for a firm of Accountants, we had several childminders on our books and the most we ever charged was £120.

debh
04-07-2013, 08:02 PM
That fee was for filing accounts for me and my daughter plus a partnership form I was thinking of doing my accounts on paper as I can't log on Internet site I have all figures ready just not sure how to complete partnership form any advice would be welcome

Chatterbox Childcare
05-07-2013, 08:08 AM
That fee was for filing accounts for me and my daughter plus a partnership form I was thinking of doing my accounts on paper as I can't log on Internet site I have all figures ready just not sure how to complete partnership form any advice would be welcome

I paid £400 for the same thing last year and when he came back with the same as I gave him (mine was given to him at Profit and Loss stage with it printed out) I went back and said I am paying you to help me and he found enough money to pay his fee and another £300 saved in tax so maybe you need to find another accountant!