PDA

View Full Version : ooooowwwww!!!!!!

littletreasures
04-07-2013, 09:07 AM
I had put all 4 little ones in the car to do the school run this morning. Big kids belting themselves in.
Picked up the pushchair seat to put in the car and my back went! I could almost feel the muscle go PING!!

I went back in the house to dose myself up and managed to drive up to school. Luckily the kids are big enough to take themselves in to school (I have permission from Mum to drop them off if I need to)

I now have 2 babies asleep and we are having a TV day.

I have 2 of my children at home now they'e finished Uni so they are on hand to help out. I have texted parents to warn them I might need them to come and get their children, but I am sitting on the sofa at the moment. Going to get a wheatbag heated up to put on my back.

FussyElmo
04-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Ouch :(

Hope you make a speedy recovery.

clareelizabeth1
04-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Ohhh sounds painful. Make your kids do all the lifting and make sure you rest.

jackie 7
04-07-2013, 03:21 PM
I feel your pain. Take card of yourself.

sarah707
04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Ohhh noooo! :panic: How are you feeling now? xx

littletreasures
04-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Still in a lot of pain

Charlotte has been a huge help today. Putting kids in highchairs and putting them to bed.

The children have been as good as gold. Mind you, the tv might have something to do with it as we hardly have it on usually. The 9 month old screamer was glued to it, Mum has admitted she has it on lots.

I managed to sit on the floor and change nappies and they all came over for cuddles so I didn't have to lift them.

My son collected the older two from school and walked them home (with Dads permission).

I have 3 little ones tomorrow. Have told Mum I won't be able to take the oldest to preschool which she's ok about.
Dad is taking the older ones to school in the morning and has said He is happy for Toby to collect again. They are all teachers and I know they would prefer me to have an easy day rather than not be able to have h kids at all.

I have had a hot bath and am dosing myself up with painkillers so hopefully My back will be easier and I can drive.

smurfette
04-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Ow I feel your pain,, did the same a couple of weeks ago and apparently I have a degenerating muscle .. I had to take a day off and my mum came and helped me lift every day that week., can now manage myself but still quite sore. Gonna go dr again tomorrow and see if I can get better painkillers.

They advised me to alternate hot and cold packs .. 15 minutes on then an hour off then same with the other one.. Bit of gentle stretching and walking, and I have been told to swim three times a week just 30 Minutes (and our pool has a jacuzzi) which is helping a lot

Hope u improve soon!! Gentle hugs that don't hurt!

CH1957
04-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Ouch, poor you. I know how you must feel, I broke my ankle on Tuesday while I had LO's here, carried on working (hoping around the house!) until collection time, then took myself off to A&E :(

Rest up, warm bath will do it good and if it doesn't feel better within a week, gets some physio/chiro treatment. Best sorted asap, I learnt by my own mistake as I tore a muscle years ago and didn't get appropriate care and still have problems every day now. Hope you're feeling better soon :group hug:

The Juggler
04-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Still in a lot of pain

Charlotte has been a huge help today. Putting kids in highchairs and putting them to bed.

The children have been as good as gold. Mind you, the tv might have something to do with it as we hardly have it on usually. The 9 month old screamer was glued to it, Mum has admitted she has it on lots.

I managed to sit on the floor and change nappies and they all came over for cuddles so I didn't have to lift them.

My son collected the older two from school and walked them home (with Dads permission).

I have 3 little ones tomorrow. Have told Mum I won't be able to take the oldest to preschool which she's ok about.
Dad is taking the older ones to school in the morning and has said He is happy for Toby to collect again. They are all teachers and I know they would prefer me to have an easy day rather than not be able to have h kids at all.

I have had a hot bath and am dosing myself up with painkillers so hopefully My back will be easier and I can drive.

ouch hon. can you book yourself in for an emergency physio or chiropractor/osteo session (never sure which one it is we need - lol). Great Osteo just outside the high street - Katie Nunn - she is fab. :thumbsup:

littletreasures
04-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Juggler - I am very lucky that I have an Osteopath just across the road from me. I am seeing him for my shoulder at the moment. I saw him Tuesday evening and had acupuncture.

My back went in half term and he saw me within 2 hours of me doing it. He did say it was all muscular and that I was probably compensating for my bad shoulder and my back was just protesting. I have tomorrow and then 4 days next week with lots of kids and then I am off til beginning of September, giving my back plenty of time to heal.

The Juggler
04-07-2013, 09:48 PM
glad you have someone to sort you out.

:thumbsup:

Trouble
04-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Big hugs xxxxxxxxx

hectors house
05-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Hope you feel more comfortable soon - I have a stretchy back support I bought in Argos, it means I can carry on even when my back is weak. Also I have one of those big pilates balls and I make myself sit on that when back is dodgy - it makes you sit correctly and strengthen your back and core muscles.

littletreasures
05-07-2013, 08:21 AM
I've managed to get an appointment across the road with the Osteopath, so I'm hoping it will be a bit easier later.
Dosing myself up on painkillers to get through the day. Kids should be gone as soon as school finishes today so not a late one. I've just had to cancel one child who is an after schooler.

smurfette
05-07-2013, 09:28 AM
I've managed to get an appointment across the road with the Osteopath, so I'm hoping it will be a bit easier later.
Dosing myself up on painkillers to get through the day. Kids should be gone as soon as school finishes today so not a late one. I've just had to cancel one child who is an after schooler.

Hope you have a better day

smurfette
05-07-2013, 09:46 AM

Hope you have a better
Day!

Kirstylob
05-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Poor you. A childminder friends back went at the childminding group last week. It just suddenly locked and she couldn't move. she managed to go and lie on a hard floor while we looked after her mindees. The parents were really good and came quickly to.collect their children. She saw the doc, got strong painkillers and a trip to the oesteopath made it a bit better but its still sore a week on.
Take care of yourself and rest as much as you can. x

Bumble Beez
05-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Bless ya, hope today has been ok...make the most of your days off and rest lots.

Sarah x