PDA

View Full Version : How to amuse a big age range?? Help!!!!!

donna porter
04-07-2013, 05:47 AM
Hi , I have 5 children, ages 8,6,5,3 &1. Any ideas how to amuse the older ones the same time as the littlest ones??? Especially on rainy days? I don't know what I'll do with them today.

mrs robbie williams
04-07-2013, 05:59 AM
i was going to say go for picnic and take ball, tennis rackets etc plus toys for younger ones but then saw the rainy day bit - how about making indoor dens, picnic lunch in the den, making different uses for it for the older ones like dentists, doctor that kind of thing?

JCrakers
04-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I have days like this in the school holidays. Its really hard work and hopefully I'm stopping soon as the older ones are just too old. (9 and 10 and all boys)

I try and stick to my routine with the little ones and get on with making sure the little ones are fine and the day for the older ones is usually
Arrive and 8am - watch TV as its early
then play inside or out in garden
10am snack
park down the road with a football
Lunch
Park a bit further away or a dvd if its wet
Wii or play together
tea
Hometime (best bit....lol) :p

They don't want to do craft or play with toys so its really hard. I've explained to parents that I find it hard and I don't think they expect me to do much else with them. I think they are happy that they are amused whilst they are at work.
There is a football club at the school which parents have taken up once. Ive taken and picked up and enjoyed this more.