PDA

View Full Version : Activities for 7 month old

sprinkles
03-07-2013, 01:32 PM
I have my first mindee starting in August who will be 7 months old. What sort of toys and things should I start looking for for activities? I've also got a 2 year old starting the week after but I've got lots for that sort of age, I just don't have many baby toys etc.

charlottenash
03-07-2013, 01:37 PM
I found stacking toys, musical things and building bricks have been a 9mo favourite at the start. I'd just buy a few as you go along and see what they grow to like. Ask parents what a few of their favourite toys at home are.

sprinkles
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Oh I have lots of musical things, a couple of sets of stacking cups and a whole tub full of building blocks, both wooden and plastic!

Can make up a treasure basket with things from round the house too.

rosebud
03-07-2013, 06:14 PM
I love this age cos you can give them any old things to play with (as long as its safe clearly) and they're happy and learning - everything's new. They're really easy. Pots and pans from the cupboards, cardboard boxes, crinkly paper, pieces of fabric, .........

munch149
03-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Treasure baskets are best for this age. Base them on:

Smells
Textures
Colours
Natural materials
Shiny things
Household items etc

Bluebell
03-07-2013, 09:06 PM
I did an activity the other day when the child was sat in high chair and i poured water on to the tray/table. He was fascinated watching it pour down and tried to grab it and then when it was on the tray he was swishing it round and splashing. I don't have many under 1's i have to say!

Mrsh3103
03-07-2013, 09:11 PM
When I do painting with the older ones I put some paint in a sandwich bag (tape the top up really well) and tape it to the high chair tray. My 9month old loves moving the paint around inside it :)
I think I might have got the idea from someone on here.