PDA

View Full Version : Confused by claiming for milk.

Glitter
03-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Hello, I have just found out about the Nursery Milk Scheme. I understand about how to registeir and claim, but I am very confused about buying the milk.

Do I have to buy small bottles of milk for each child, or can I buy four pints as I usually would and deduct the amount not used for mindees?

Not sure if this makes sense but thank you to anyone who can help.

Mouse
03-07-2013, 02:18 PM
I used to have individual cartons delivered by the milkman then claim back the money for those, but after a while I found the children didn't drink them.

Now I buy separate milk for the minded children as we use skimmed and I get them either full fat or semi skimmed.

I add up how many 1/3pints I will need for the week and buy that much milk. I currently get 6 pints a week. I buy that in 2 pint cartons and claim that money back for those.

jackie 7
03-07-2013, 04:45 PM
O just put it through with my tax.

moggy
03-07-2013, 04:54 PM
I keep my CM milks separate by using the milk man: proper glass bottles of British organic full-fat milk delivered to my door. Milkman all done on-line, on-line invoices, no paper work at all, Nursery Milk claim online too and I can send them the pdf of milkman invoice if they need to check (which they sometimes do). Then I get my family milk from the supermarket.

You also need to put it as an expense and an income through your accounts (NCMA accounts book shows you how).

Chatterbox Childcare
03-07-2013, 05:10 PM
I put all my milk through and get the expense and then the credit for the milk when it comes in.

Buy any way you like, there is no set format