PDA

View Full Version : Wait for the green Man...Ooops

JCrakers
03-07-2013, 10:21 AM
I walk a lot with mindees as I cant use the car for work and whenever we are out and about we obviously wait for the green man before crossing at traffic lights.
Last night I finished work at 5.55pm, rushed down to school with dd for 6pm who was doing a end of year play and then sat in a boiling hot school hall for an hour. We'd had no tea so decided to call at the chippy. :D

I was tired after a 10hr day and it was about 8pm. I was driving and got to the traffic lights which were red. Stopped at the lights and wanted to turn right, I was chatting to my son and then started watching the green man. It went green so I went.....lol

Got to the middle of the road where I usually wait for oncoming traffic before turning right and I thought 'why is no-one moving?'

Then it dawned on me......doh!! Id nearly run over two young chaps who were waiting to cross. good job they saw the funny side when i apologised. :blush:

So then I had to sit in the middle of the road with everyone looking at me, I felt such an idiot...i bet they were thinking 'woman driver!!'..lol

So....Its a good idea to go with the green man when you are on foot :laughing:

shortstuff
03-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Oops lol you have made me chuckle as thats something im likely to do x

hectors house
03-07-2013, 10:58 AM
I have done the same as a pedestrian, looked up and saw the main traffic light was green and stepped into the road! Luckily not with mindees as I would have never heard the end of it.

clareelizabeth1
03-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Lol this made me giggle so easily done

Kirstylob
03-07-2013, 11:39 AM
so funny! but embarrassing for you.

FussyElmo
03-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Luckily there was not a car or a person coming :D

blue bear
03-07-2013, 04:10 PM
An elderly gentleman did this to me when I was crossing with mindees, poor bloke got such an ear bashing from his wife. Easily done I should think.

oxfordshirecm
03-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Haha I have done this far too many times

caz3007
03-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Oh dear, still its easily done

I got told off yesterday by mindie because the pedestrian crossing wasn't working. We patiently waited and cars stopped to let us across, but no green man!!! Did explain that we had waited until it was safe to cross and that the kind drivers had stopped for us

Petshrinklj
05-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Ha ha that's like something I would do.