PDA

View Full Version : can I just double check something.

Carla Watts
03-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Some days, I will be over my ratio numbers, I would never exceed 6 children, but on one day, I have a 18 month old,and three 4 year olds. (foundation at school)Two 6 year olds. Am I right in thinking as long as i risk assess and tell parents, and make sure they are ok with it, I am ok??? I know I have read this somewhere and can't find it anywhere????

AgentTink
03-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Some days, I will be over my ratio numbers, I would never exceed 6 children, but on one day, I have a 18 month old,and three 4 year olds. (foundation at school)Two 6 year olds. Am I right in thinking as long as i risk assess and tell parents, and make sure they are ok with it, I am ok??? I know I have read this somewhere and can't find it anywhere????

Hi carla, are the three 4 yr olds all in full time school ie in reception year? If so you wouldnt be going over ratios as you are allowed 6 children at any one time of whom no more than 3 should be under school age. For example you could use all 6 of your spaces for school age children if you wished and hav eno younger children in the eyfs.

kellyskidz!
03-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi carla, are the three 4 yr olds all in full time school ie in reception year? If so you wouldnt be going over ratios as you are allowed 6 children at any one time of whom no more than 3 should be under school age. For example you could use all 6 of your spaces for school age children if you wished and hav eno younger children in the eyfs.

That's my thoughts on it too, if they're in reception are they classed as over 5s?

BuggsieMoo
03-07-2013, 11:08 AM
That's my thoughts on it too, if they're in reception are they classed as over 5s?

Only if they are in school full time. However if they are not and its pre-school not reception class then they are in you 0-5 years age range.

Are they continuity of care or is it new business that is pushing you over? If it is continuity, then you can exceed it by doing a variation and getting your parents to agree. If it is new business, then you cannot exceed your numbers.

You are also only allowed 6 0-8 years if you have no children of your own in this age range, if you do, then they also come into your numbers.

Carla Watts
03-07-2013, 11:52 AM
thank you ladies for your reply.

Yes thy are all in foundation at school. so have left nurssery.

I look after the kids in the school hols, so now they are starting school, they still need the cover, after school.

VeggieSausage
03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
thank you ladies for your reply.

Yes thy are all in foundation at school. so have left nurssery.

I look after the kids in the school hols, so now they are starting school, they still need the cover, after school.

Then no you are not over your numbers but you couldn't take on any more younger pre-school ones....