PDA

View Full Version : what is everyone doing this month?

adele1985
03-07-2013, 09:07 AM
just wondering what everyone else is doing

my mind has gone a blank :( - I only have one mindee at the minuet she starts full time school is September so I think I've lost the enthusiasm ahead of time

what sort of activities can I do with her to help her get ready for school

we already do word recognition for the days and months, she is already very independent and is able to do crafts ect independently

emma04
03-07-2013, 09:19 AM
just wondering what everyone else is doing

my mind has gone a blank :( - I only have one mindee at the minuet she starts full time school is September so I think I've lost the enthusiasm ahead of time

what sort of activities can I do with her to help her get ready for school

we already do word recognition for the days and months, she is already very independent and is able to do crafts ect independently

As little as possible:blush::blush:

With the better weather the garden is my haven! The bouncy castle goes up, the trampoline is out (mini toddler one!) ride on's, sand, water play!

We've celebrated national insect week, with lots of insect pictures adorned with googly eyes so that's the crafty stuff out of the way!:clapping:

The kids need some freedom to explore and play on their own. The past few months have been bad weather wise and they've been cooped up in my company for too long!:D:thumbsup:

kellyskidz!
03-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Holiday theme (ignoring the rain) made passports today and sent postcards to mums and dads
Made a plane out of big cardboard boxes, just waiting for some sunshine so we can paint it out on the grass
Tomorrow were off to Spain -having paella for lunch and getting the Spanish instruments out, might have a game of skilled football too :)
Next week, Greece!

loocyloo
03-07-2013, 10:27 AM
I would be working on independence ... dressing/undressing self, doing own shoes/coats/hats. ( putting them neatly!!! or at least in a pile! ) if having pack lunch sorting out own packets etc. recognising name is useful :D practice asking for help, also waiting! play lots of turn taking & sharing games.

i'm working on not shouting the whole time with one LO! :laughing:

have fun! most of the time we're just out & about exploring, learning about the world and having fun.

butterfly
03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
We're using the book 'Colour Me Happy' to explore feelings!

Twinkle-Toes
03-07-2013, 12:33 PM
This month we are doing Space - 21st July 1969 Apollo 11 landed on the moon.

For school in Sept we are focusing on the same stuff we always do at their age, independent coat/shoes/bag, listening skills, name recognition etc nothing specific :thumbsup:

Shamai
03-07-2013, 01:03 PM
We are doing a Superhero theme at the mo as one mindee is having a Superhero party for his 5th birthday party - they are all very enthusiastic - dressing up, colouring, making masks, creating their own superheroes with special powers, writing out superhero words etc.

singingcactus
03-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Nothing. I finish for a couple of months next wed. I have a couple of trips out organised, usual cm groups, and that only leaves one day :)