PDA

View Full Version : Phil and Teds punctures!

stargazer1
03-07-2013, 04:08 AM
I bought a Phil and Teds Sport a couple of months ago and I love it!! Perfect for what I need. The only problem I have is I keep getting punctures! I'm on my third one in two months. Had much larger side my side three wheeler before, tyre wheels, had it for 18 months and never got a puncture. Has anyone had experience of this? And if so is there anything I can do to stop it! Love my Phil and Teds but really can't be doing with the hassle of continuously changing inner tubes :/

Bumble Beez
03-07-2013, 05:18 AM
I've got a phil and teds and although I'm not getting punctures I'm always pumping up the tyres...did change the inner tubes a while ago cos I thought that would help but didn't. I always carry my pump in the basket just in case!

Sarah x

ruby
03-07-2013, 07:01 AM
We have had a phil and Ted for 4/5 years and only ever had two punctures
might be worth phoning the manufacture up and explaining there might be fault in the tyre somewhere

cathy

Katiekoo
03-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Hi, I used to get quite a few punctures with mine until I took it to the bike shop and they put some green slime in the tyres, it sloshes about inside coating the inside. When you go over a prickle it can still puncture but as soon as you pump it up agin the hole seals. It is brilliant, you can buy it in a canister and do it yourself but it is messy. Anyway I've never had a puncture since getting it done. Go in and ask for green slime, they will know what you're on about!

AgentTink
03-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Like the above poster i have had the slime put in my nipper 360 tyres to help prevent punctures and in 6 months i have not had to inflate tyre nor have i had a puncture.

I took my pram to halfords and for £5 they also put it into tyres.

here is the link to the slime which you can put in yourself

Halfords | Slime Bike Tyre Sealant (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_17 5237_langId_-1_categoryId_228377)

pinklady756
03-07-2013, 07:20 AM
I use the green slime with my p&t too, got it from halfords and did it myself. I've had a completely flat tyre once since then, perhaps a puncture but I pumped the tyre up again and it's been fine. I would recommend a new inner tube rather than using it with one that's been repaired.

I also carry the pump in the basket too, but never need it, just do it in case and I know if I don't I will need it lol

Logan
03-07-2013, 12:52 PM
I too use slime, love it!

smurfette
03-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the tips always pumping mine up

Again and it's harder to push when they go down even a bit!

Petshrinklj
03-07-2013, 02:44 PM
That's one of reasons I gave up on my p&t .