PDA

View Full Version : DISC website - charges or not??

butterfly
08-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi I'm about to submit my details to the ************* website known in devon as DISC and I was wondering what everyone thought about displying your charges on there. i have been looking lately to guage the average cost in my area but lots of childminders don't put their fees on their what's everyone's thoughts on this??

sarah707
08-07-2008, 11:22 AM
It's the only place I put mine :D

son77
08-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I dont put mine!

butterfly
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I dont put mine!

can i ask why not?

crazybones
08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I dont. I like to reel them in and hit them with it:laughing: Seriously though I do have an hourly rate but other charges i.e. before 8 and after 6 and a minimum of 3 hours daily. If they only wanted an hours minding they would think that was all they had to pay so I would prefer them to ring me and discuss their needs.

foxy lady
08-07-2008, 12:36 PM
i agree i dont like to give out charges
i also have an hourly rate but it does change in different situations :ie siblings, out of hours and those that do lots of hours
so i prefere to discuss it with the parent

MissTinkerbell
08-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Its the only place that I have my fees, other than on my website - where they can see just how much they are getting for their money!!

cloud9
08-07-2008, 09:08 PM
i dont advertise my fee's either mainly because peoples needs and situations are different. If someone only wants an hour or 2 occasional minding they cant expect the normal rate but if its on the website they think they are entitled to it, as its advertised.

christine e
09-07-2008, 11:43 AM
I don't I enter 'available on request from provider' or something like that. I feel if I put it on there then people think it is set in stone. Each enquiry is different eg if I say my hourly rate is £3.50 and someone wants me for an hour before school then they may think I wuld only charge £3.50 but I have a minimum rate

Cx

Nix
09-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't advertise my rate. Parents and children all have different needs and I prefer to discuss these and then look at the rates.

Nix,x

littletreasures
09-07-2008, 06:39 PM
I don't as I charge depending on what parent wants, ie part time is different to full time.

littletreasures

Pipsqueak
09-07-2008, 06:55 PM
No I don't. I would rather discuss their needs and requirements first before giving out that info!

Annie_T
09-07-2008, 08:54 PM
lot show their chargeshere on the site

i think it good coz ppl wont have ask you your charge and sometimes it can put ppl off ringing if their no charge displayed .... their search made easier if is .. if you follow me hun

Tatia
10-07-2008, 08:14 AM
I always put my prices up front cos I charge a flat £3.50 an hour (to nearest 1/4 hour even) and that doesn't change for anything except maybe a sibling discount. Plus, I'm the type of consumer who likes to see prices before being hit with the salespitch and am put off when I have to ask prices so I offer the same courtesy to others that I prefer for myself (I feel like I just typed this somewhere else?). My prices are the same as most around here and cheaper than some so I am not worried about it putting people off.

Pauline
10-07-2008, 08:19 AM
I put my fees but with a line which reads: "Rates are for guidance only, please ask for an individual quote for your personal requirements"

That way you are covered if you feel you need to charge more than the fees listed

butterfly
10-07-2008, 01:08 PM
I put my fees but with a line which reads: "Rates are for guidance only, please ask for an individual quote for your personal requirements"

That way you are covered if you feel you need to charge more than the fees listed

I really like this idea!! I may have to steal it!

Pauline
10-07-2008, 04:32 PM
I really like this idea!! I may have to steal it!

you don't have to steal it poppet, have it for free with my compliments! :laughing: