PDA

View Full Version : activities for 1&2 yo during parent visit

Memina
02-07-2013, 11:06 PM
So a quick question that I was asked today and wasn't sure how to answer.

What activities do you put out for your minded children when you have a parent come and visit?

Mine usually have free play and end up emptying every box taking full advantage of me being distracted.

Just wondering what everyone else does

Bumble Beez
03-07-2013, 05:29 AM
Yeah I've got some who are like that!
I normally offer simple things that will engage them for a while such as building a train track, posting items, books and puzzles etc...these seem to work well.
Even when parents are visiting tho I always say that I can't just leave the LOs to their own devices and ask them to be patient if I need to do anything.

Sarah x

Dragonfly
03-07-2013, 06:30 AM
I would get out whatever you would normally get out if a parent wasn't visiting. people like to see things as in a normal day :)

Memina
03-07-2013, 07:08 AM
I tend to just go with the flow but it wasnt until I was asked what I did that I realised yes I do take out toys but they just end up playing up, interrupting, emptying toys, mass migration to the loo. You know everything they can do that is out of character and to put me through my paces!

Daftbat
03-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Its difficult to do a full blown activity whilst a parent is visiting so keep it to simple free play with you joining in as you feel necessary. You can show via photos the types of organised activities you do with the children and talk about them anyway.