PDA

View Full Version : MANIC

Banana
04-01-2008, 07:00 PM
I have been inundated with enquiries!! 3 full timers I have turned down in 3 days grrr.... hate hate hate turning away money but obviously numbers are numbers and its not allowed. Im gutted though, I'd be rolling in it! lol

I have just had another enquiry this evening though and this one (with a little moving around of one of my current mindees) I will be able to do.

Its 2-6 tues, wed, thur fri. Becuase I have mindees that finish at 1.30 on these days (apart from the wed, but i can move him to wed 9-1.30 instead of 10.30-3.30) I can fit it in.

Just been talking to Richard and he says i'd be daft to turn it down (I know I would ), I just feel like I could be maybe over-running myself. I know I am registered to care for that number and would be perfectly able to but I will be without a spare minute wont I.

My hours will be

Mon 8.30-4.30 (the not so bad day :D ) 3 children
Tues 8.30 - 6pm 3 children one leaves at 1.30 to be replaced at 2pm
wed 7.30 -6pm 3 children one leaves at 1.30 to be replaced at 2pm
Thur 7.30 -6pm 3 children one leaves at 1.30 to be replaced at 2pm
Fri 7.30 - 6pm 3 children one leaves at 1.30 to be replaced at 2pm

Including Isabelle in these numbers obviously!

It just seems a bit of a hectic schedule!!

Am i being a bit daft, I know some minders are desperate for work - i just worry I could turn a bit mad ha ha ha :laughing:

xx

Spangles
04-01-2008, 07:04 PM
I totally understand how you feel Lana that sort of thing scares me too. You will just have to really think about it and then if you do start with this child you can only see how it goes. If it doesn't work out then you've tried.

I'm sure you can cope with it easily though to be honest!

Let us know what you do.

angeldelight
04-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Thought you were already mad Lana ??

Well done you - do you remember the time when you were waiting for calls

You are going to be nice and rich soon - dont forget your friends will you ha

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
04-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Lana of course the money would be great but you have to do what feels right for you and what numbers you are comfortable with iyswim, it will be hard work but would it be any more than you do already really ? Could you suggest a 3 month trial and see how you go ?

Whatever you decide well done on all your enquiries

xxx

Lou
04-01-2008, 07:12 PM
I agree a trial period is a good idea.

I am personally really quiet and panicking (for the first time in 4 yrs) so i would have to say go for it!!!

Do you do any after school aswell? i find that the most stressful time if im busy

Alak123
04-01-2008, 07:17 PM
It could be hetic for a while until you get used to the coming and goings of the children, however being new to childminding myself I would worry the times overlapes and was left with more mindees that allowed but that is just my experience of the parents being late and making all stupid excuses for it.

I have the opposite problem and can't get full time mindees:panic: so I would say go for it:laughing: .

Best of luck

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and holiday break from mindees..... I sure did and am dreading Monday when all peace will be broken.

XXX

Schnakes
04-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey Banana - can you pass some of these calls my way...I could do with the business!! I dont care where you live..I'll come pick them up!!! :laughing:

I did that sort of shift right up till Xmas...it can be quite exhausting only having that tiny gap during the day to tidy up etc after the first shift, but financially rewarding. Depends what your priorities are at the mo...for me, last year I just wanted work, so it was great that I could, if you see what I mean?

Hope that helps some..!

Sx

angeldelight
04-01-2008, 07:20 PM
You can have my screaming baby if you like haha

Angel xx

Schnakes
04-01-2008, 07:33 PM
No problem...ear mufflers at the ready! :D

Sx

angeldelight
04-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Hahaha Forgot to tell you that I still want the fees though ha

xxx

Schnakes
04-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah....that doesnt really work does it?!! :laughing:

Think I'll pass!

Sx

Banana
04-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Susan - I think im just used to havig a tuesday afternoon all to myself and only having one mindee on a friday afternoon. Its not really a great deal more hectic I suppose but it just seems like it.

No, I do have any school runs at present so at least thats one thnig in favour of doing it.

I think the trial might be a good idea - cant say fairer than that.

The other god thing about this enquiry came as a recommendation from someone else I had seen but she was holding out for a childminder who lived 2 doors down from her thats why she didnt end up coming to me but nice that she has passed my name on!

I'll let you all know what I decide

Thanks everyone
xx

fionamal
04-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Have a trial period. You wont know if you can do it until you try.

It would be a shame to loose out on extra cash.

nannysue
04-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Hi Lana. It just goes to show how unpredictable our work is. If you feel its right go for it!!!! but do have a trial period, just for your own peace of mind and sanity. Good luck Sue x

emler
04-01-2008, 10:31 PM
I say go for it too Lana!

Emler x

miffy
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
I say go for it too Lana!

Emler x

I agree - you'll probably regret it if you don't and you can always reduce it if you think it's too much

Miffy xx

angeldelight
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Good luck with whatever you decide

Angel xx

Sarsar3NCH
05-01-2008, 09:35 AM
I work very similar hours with either 3 or 4 kids per day and at times it can be hard BUT sometimes larger numbers can mean it is easier. When the kids all get used to each other they can have long periods where they occupy themselves more and need you less so you can get on with doing a few obs without being noticed so much or even grab a cup of tea!

Hope all goes well

Sarah

Mollymop
05-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Wow Lana, U have done so well to get so many children.
Good luck, I hope you take it on.

manjay
05-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Thought you were going to keep tuesday afternoons free for studying Lana!!!

amanda xx

Rubybubbles
05-01-2008, 01:03 PM
well done for all the phone calls, I always ask where people got my number:jump for joy:

It'll work out for you, great being able to fit in part timers like that!!