PDA

View Full Version : 2 calls in 1 week

LittleRhino
02-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Reading the title you would think yay, but no I have a 3 year old of my own and a full time 11 month old and both phone calls have been for 2 under 5's arrrr this is so annoying! !!!! :-(

smurfette
02-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Ugh hate this too! Very rarely have space

For two no matter what the hours!

smurfette
02-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Ugh hate this too! Very rarely have space

For two no matter what the hours!

Really hate not being able to help!

Rick
02-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Reading the title you would think yay, but no I have a 3 year old of my own and a full time 11 month old and both phone calls have been for 2 under 5's arrrr this is so annoying! !!!! :-(

I would meet both and see who you get on with the most. Then maybe recommend another CM you know of he one you say no to :thumbsup:

LittleRhino
02-07-2013, 06:42 PM
I would meet both and see who you get on with the most. Then maybe recommend another CM you know of he one you say no to :thumbsup:

I can't do either as it is not continuity of care it is new business and it would take me over my 3 under 5's that was the point :-):-) So frustrating when its the first 2 phine calls I have had in ages xx

MessybutHappy
02-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Do they need an immediate start then? Your 11 month old will be moving on up to the under 3 group so soon!

FussyElmo
02-07-2013, 06:51 PM
The op has 2 eyfs children now so only 1 space.

Both calls have been for 2 under 5s.

Frustrating for you hope the phone rings soon for just 1 child.

LittleRhino
02-07-2013, 06:57 PM

You got it FussyElmo, Yer lets hope I fill the other space soon x

Bluebell
02-07-2013, 07:03 PM
are they siblings?? Surely extenuating circumstances and continuity of care includes siblings being kept together if no-one has space for them?
Could you get advice on this from your DO or Ofsted? It seems unlikely that anyone would just happen to have 2 spaces available and I'm sure the exceptions is what allows for this.
Maybe someone like Sarah would be able to advise more appropriately than just my humble thoughts!
Good luck x

sarah707
02-07-2013, 07:11 PM
are they siblings?? Surely extenuating circumstances and continuity of care includes siblings being kept together if no-one has space for them?
Could you get advice on this from your DO or Ofsted? It seems unlikely that anyone would just happen to have 2 spaces available and I'm sure the exceptions is what allows for this.
Maybe someone like Sarah would be able to advise more appropriately than just my humble thoughts!
Good luck x

Sadly for new business I am not aware of Ofsted EVER saying it's ok. We know Ofsted inspectors are tightening up on this area and it would be the OP risking her registration :(

It's so hard to have to turn business away. Could you and a friend job share? Or could you look at taking on an assistant?

xx

Bluebell
02-07-2013, 07:14 PM
oh my mistake - I just thought that when siblings were concerned an exception could be made.

LittleRhino
02-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Yes they are siblings but I thought it is new business and that was that but any advise is very welcome x

LittleRhino
02-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Thanks Sarah I thought this was the case. Oh well lets hope that something turns up, I am sure it will x

Rick
02-07-2013, 07:31 PM
I can't do either as it is not continuity of care it is new business and it would take me over my 3 under 5's that was the point :-):-) So frustrating when its the first 2 phine calls I have had in ages xx

My bad :laughing:

Misread it!

In that case you could make two CMs very happy if you pass on those enquiries :D

smurfette
02-07-2013, 10:10 PM
My bad :laughing:

Misread it!

In that case you could make two CMs very happy if you pass on those enquiries :D

I was wondering about this but since the rules aren't the same here I thought maybe I was confused!

MessybutHappy
02-07-2013, 10:13 PM

Ooops! Sorry! I'm not quite as good at multi-tasking as I thought!!