PDA

View Full Version : Love being a childminder...

Bumble Beez
02-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Ok, so I've had a moan about my recent Ofsted visit, learning journeys, keeping up on cleaning and a few other bits...However, today was my four year old sons sports morning at nursery and if I wasn't minding I may not have been able to go.
I took my 8 year old son with me (sporting a nice wound from his accident yesterday!) and 3 mindees to watch.
We had great fun cheering them all on and having a picnic afterwards, and lots of giggles and 'ahhhs' when my mindees jumped at the chance to join in with the sibling race lol!
Makes me appreciate what I do and realise the positives highly out way the negatives - plus I got lots of great photos and obs to put in their LJ's and we are gonna hold our own sports day in a couple of weeks too.
Good fun had by all!
Sarah x

Rick
02-07-2013, 03:16 PM
That's what I like to hear.....something positive :D

kellyskidz!
02-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Glad you had a good day:thumbsup:
I also took mindees to my daughters sports day and realised how lucky I am. She was thrilled I was there and I would have been devastated to miss her first sports day because of work. Not all bad this job eh :p xx

Bumble Beez
02-07-2013, 05:31 PM
That's what I like to hear.....something positive :D

I try my best lol :D somedays just make it seem worth all the agro.

Bumble Beez
02-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Glad you had a good day:thumbsup:
I also took mindees to my daughters sports day and realised how lucky I am. She was thrilled I was there and I would have been devastated to miss her first sports day because of work. Not all bad this job eh :p xx

Yeah maybe I'll think about today when I have another bad day ;)

oxfordshirecm
02-07-2013, 08:41 PM
I def need to keep thinking this when I have a bad day

Supernanny86
02-07-2013, 08:44 PM
This is so true, there's not many jobs that you can enjoy the rare sunshine :)

KatieFS
03-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Sounds like a great day had by all!

It is def a job with ups and downs and you need to keep remembering those up times.. X

smurfette
03-07-2013, 01:20 PM
It's an interesting one because sometimes when I have three little ones trailing after me when I go to do something like this with my girls I wish I was in a normal job and could take the day off and enjoy it in peace! But the reality is how easy is it to get time off for every school play and sports day?! And I have mostly 1 year olds At the moment which affects how I view it, whereas last year they were all 3 year olds so would be really into all this and easier to manage! I do agree
Though there are lots of things I can go to or do for the girls that dh just can't get the time off work for and he misses out on., also that they couldn't do if I was working eg this month they are doing an hour of tennis each every day, and loving it!

Tazmin68
03-07-2013, 01:24 PM
I have to agree

Last week was my younger sons class assembly and he had to speak out loud which is hard when in reception. Next week I have a meeting with Senco about my oldest son which I will have a mindee with me. There are not many jobs out there where we can do these sorts of things. Because I have a number of tto children during the hols I will have just two mindees plus my own two boys and we can have good days out together and spend some quality time with my own two which I am looking ford to.