PDA

View Full Version : Variation Needed?

kimnolan87
02-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi,

I currently have twins (4) and 5 year old and a boy who is 5 in August, but currently in reception.

As the twins are in nursery they are still in my under 5 age range until September.....however, from September the youngest 5 year old also wants afternoon care......

As this could put me over my allowed three in the 5-8 bracket, do I need to apply a variation, as it is continuity of care? Or am I allowed as many children as I can manage in the 5-8 age range, as long as I don't exceed 6?

Many thanks,
Kim xxx

FussyElmo
02-07-2013, 11:08 AM
No variation needed you are allowed 6 under 8 but the condition is no more than 3 under 5. As long as you are not exceeding your max 6 its fine

Mouse
02-07-2013, 11:35 AM
There isn't a 5-8 bracket as such.

You are generally allowed 6 children under 8 (including your own children). Of those 6, a maximum of 3 can be Early Years children. There is no set figure for school children. You could have all 6 as school children, but then you wouldn't be able to have any pre-school children. So there is no problem with you having 4 school children, but you would then only be able to have a maximum of 2 pre-schoolers.