PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon activities

Memina
02-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Hello after some ideas in particular towards winter months

In September 3 of my los will be attending morning nursery and I'll collect them at lunch.

Usually after lunch we have quiet time and free play however I was looking for other ideas of what we could do. I know they'll of had a structured morning and I'm happy for free play to happen but I need to show planning etc.

Bluebell
02-07-2013, 06:48 AM
think you could link in with what pre-schools are doing and 'plan' for free play and imaginitive play linked in to what pre-school are doing.
SO if pre-school are doing under the sea you could have octonauts colouring sheets and tiddler book and turn your quiet place into an underwater cave or have a walk on the beach - weather dependant of course!
are all 3 at the same pre-school?
i would plan around linking to their interests, to what they are doing at pre-school and what each stage the child is at so may be best to wait until they start and go with it a bit. I think maybe planning isn't one of my strengths - I am a bit laid back and last minute about it so you may want someone elses advice!!

hectors house
02-07-2013, 06:56 AM
I would plan on the day -depending on what they had done at Nursery - if they come out clutching paintings, then do something else, if they have had a lively morning - have a quiet, colouring and reading stories afternoon. Sometimes my planning consists of a comment made during the day or at hometime "I don't want to go home, I want to stay and play on the skateboard" where I then say "Shall I write down that you want to play on it next time?"