PDA

View Full Version : 1st day back n I'm pooped

Memina
01-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Well what a day started back at work today after 4 weeks off and 2 weeks since having my little girl.

Had a 1 year old n 18 months 2 years and 4 years. What an operation that was!!!!

The children just clicked back into our routine and people actually slowed thier cars down whilst we walked down the road!

Im now slumped on the sofa and hubby cooked dinner bless him.

Another mad day tomorrow

AgentTink
01-07-2013, 05:20 PM
wow, you really didnt take things easy on your first day back. I couldnt manage that on a normal day let alone 2 weeks after giving birth. Well done to you, just try not to burn yourself out too quickly. :)

ziggy
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM
well done you, hope you get an early night and a good sleep

shortstuff
02-07-2013, 05:52 AM
Blimey! Im not surprised you're pooped!

Are you having the same group all week?

You must have really high stamina and determination. Well done x

hectors house
02-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Gosh you did well - I just had my normal Monday 4 and then when one went home we had an ex-mindee come to play and stay for tea - don't know why I feel it is still important to keep the friendships going - but all mindees had a lovely re-union and I got him booked in for 2 days in summer hols.

Good luck for today and hope you don't overdo things - Friday is still along way off.

SYLVIA
02-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Gosh, you're back at it very quickly. Be careful and take care of yourself first

Amandak28
02-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Oh wow! You are good! And very brave. But take it easy you don't want to risk becoming exhausted and getting ill.

:-) x

lorraine04
02-07-2013, 09:38 AM
ooooh this has just caught my eye, Hope you don't mind me asking you for a little advice. I'm 9 months pregnant, was due yesterday but no such luck!!. Anyway i am still working. Parents will get a call to collect should i go into labour. Not exactly practical but parents need me and to be honest i can't afford months off!. I am planning to take 4 weeks off but as i'm over due and have no idea when little one will arrive i was wondering whether to just start my leave as of Monday next week regardless so that parents know where they are.. Can i ask how you worked it?

Memina
02-07-2013, 09:58 AM
ooooh this has just caught my eye, Hope you don't mind me asking you for a little advice. I'm 9 months pregnant, was due yesterday but no such luck!!. Anyway i am still working. Parents will get a call to collect should i go into labour. Not exactly practical but parents need me and to be honest i can't afford months off!. I am planning to take 4 weeks off but as i'm over due and have no idea when little one will arrive i was wondering whether to just start my leave as of Monday next week regardless so that parents know where they are.. Can i ask how you worked it?

I'd initially planned to work until parents recieved the call but decided to set a date at about 34 weeks as I felt bad about not having a definite plan and hubby was very worried about me. I was due on 10th June so planned to take June off and work July but I have August off anyway as this is my only yearly holiday.

I ended up finishing a week earlier as I had various issues like baby was breech, then I had a procedure to move her into position (most barbaric thing ive ever experienced!) Then my sugar levels where high.

Baby was 5 days late and a fairly straight forward labour of just under 3hours. I had a week off literally doing nothing and then the following of taking my son and daughter to school and generally getting into a routine.

Then back to work this week!

I do wish I'd just taken July off but im only caring for sisters 2&1 from 8 till 2.30 and before and after schoolie and my niece from 9-2.30.

Hubby has been doing the afterschool run and sorting dinner lol

lorraine04
02-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Thanks for that, my gut is telling me to finish on Monday, i just hope he gets a wriggle on and makes an appearance so that i can enjoy some quality time with him and my family before returning to work.