PDA

View Full Version : Can an inspector ring after an inspection

Karen1
01-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Hi

So far

Per reg on 21st told by inspector all met ok, (she checked everything, tested my fire alarms, looked at glass brAckets, and put towels over my bathroom door, because i needed a safety catch on it! so a through inspection and three and half hours of questions) said that she would do report that night

Week later rang 28th ofsted to be told that inspector had not issued report yet!

Today 1st July, inspector rang me to ask couple of questions and when I asked when she would send report, told she didn't know!

Can she ring after the pre reg meeting?

I am really really angry about this. As she promised it would of been done onn21st. Have mindee waiting to sign and need to get sorted out. Stuck in limbo . Am now on week 16 since they received my docs. This whole process has been a nightmare.

K:angry:

Chatterbox Childcare
01-07-2013, 04:27 PM
I would guess that she is writing her report now and rang to double check was she wasn't shore of. Reports normally take 2 weeks, so anytime now

sarah707
01-07-2013, 04:51 PM
They can take as long as they want - and ring as many times as they want - I'm afraid Ofsted work at their own pace.

Frustrating but nothing you can do. Hugs xx

Karen1
01-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the replies. It's so frustrating because she said she would do it the night of the inspection, so why has it taken her over a week to ring to check something!

Just want it all sorted out now. Really fed up.

K

blue bear
01-07-2013, 06:20 PM
She might have handed it to her boss and been asked something hence ringing you for clarification.

LittleAcornsThatcham
03-07-2013, 08:58 AM
How's it going Karen? Any news?

Karen1
03-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Hi.

No news. Really frustrated and now a bit upset by it all.
Have checked on Ofsted website but no report there as yet. Don't know whether to ring them or not, as just don't want to hear again that nothing has been sorted.
Stuck in limbo.

kellyskidz!
03-07-2013, 10:31 AM
That's does seem unfair, it's taken a long time and they haven't given you even an idea of when it will all be ready.
Maybe she's new?
I'd be on at them saying you've got clients waiting and it's costing you money. Not really much else you can do besides sit and wait. Hoping it get sorted for you ASAP xx

Zoomie
03-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Am I correct in understanding that you are per-reg. I didn't realise you got a report from the per-reg, in my day, a mere 4 years ago, you just got your registration certificate.

Tinkerbell1979
03-07-2013, 11:19 AM
I never got report for pre-reg a year ago !!??

munch149
03-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Me either I'm confused as to whether this is pre reg (won't get a report will just get the go ahead) or a first inspection (doesn't matter if you have report to sign up a child)

benandjerrys
03-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Yes Karen is pre reg, she means her reg number being put on ofsted website with date of registration on it

Karen1
03-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Thanks for clearing up that Emma!

I am pre reg and the inspector has to submit her report to Ofsted for me to get my certificate.

I have looked on the oFsted website to see if I have been added on with my reg no etc. as cant sign children without a registration document.

Phew!

Karen1
03-07-2013, 05:09 PM
right update-rang Ofsted again as couldn't wait.
inspector has issued her report, so just waiting for Ofsted to check everything and issue certificate.
Ofsted woman said it probably won't be this week!!!!
waiting, waiting, waiting, .......
got another parent visit tomorrow and really fed up with having to say sorry, im still waiting.
k

Karen1
04-07-2013, 12:54 PM
ahh just so fed up of the waiting game. still no sign of a certificate.
just so fed up of this whole process now.
I know it cant be much longer, but dont want to keep ringing ofsted to be told nothing. really need to be able to say yes to parents, and not i dont know.

anyone have any idea how much longer???

adedwards68
04-07-2013, 02:34 PM
I had my pre reg a couple of weeks and phoned ofsted last week, on the Wednesday, to see if they had got the report, which they had. Waited for certificate which still hadn't arrived yesterday. So phoned ofsted again and they said it was sent tues hopefully should get it by the end of the week. Certificates can take 10 working days before they are sent. Just keep phoning ofsted everyday

butterfly
04-07-2013, 03:27 PM
When I registered nearly 5 years a go I had my pre-reg visit on May 1st and didn't receive my reg certificate until July 24th!

Karen1
08-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Still waiting for my cert. rang again today and inspector put her report in Friday which is the last day she had to do it. Now on week 17 of this process and really fed up! Hopefully they get it sorted this week. K:mad:

teacakepenguin
08-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Ofsted were happy for me to start minding without the physical certificate being here, when they had issued it and it was on their website, and MM were happy to start my insurance from that point too, so I was able to start minding when I needed to (had a client waiting). Ring ofsted as much as needed, they were really helpful.

Jx

Karen1
09-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Still waiting....

LittleAcornsThatcham
10-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Oh dear :(

Karen1
11-07-2013, 01:18 PM
just called for an update to be told it is sat on the desk in date time order and they have a backlog!!! hhmmmm why didnt they say that monday, instead of saying on monday it would be done that day. then on wednesday saying it will be done today or tomorrow. both times a lie basically. as now thursday and still not done. they are saying it will be done by friday now!!! really dont believe them anymore.

if they had just said from the start we have a backlog, i wouldnt of been bugging them all the time and be so cross at the fact they keep telling me it will be done that day, when so obviously won't. its the waiting and frustration, this whole process is a nightmare-they dont tell you that at the starting to childmind meetings-this pushes a saints patience.

rant over. hopefully my parent will wait another week to be signed up, as she is wanting to be signed asap, and has been chasing me-wont blame her if she gets fed up with waiting. plus have parent view tomorrow for school holiday cover and it could be pushing it a bit, as schools break up we rant ek on tuesday!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:rant over now, and back to making a pirate shipw ith my little boy before the school run!

Bumble Beez
13-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Karen1...welcome to the wonderful world of Ofsted lol!! Eight years ago I was in the same situation...waiting for my certificate and it took ages. They don't rush themselves for anyone!
Maybe when my registration fee is due next I'll phone them and say 'its on my desk, but I have a backlog of bills to pay' lol lol lol!!!

Sarah x

bindy
13-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Just curious to know ( not that I am saying for this to happen) but would she be able to look after the children for no pay, then once she gets her certificate receive extra payment ? Or something along those lines!. Just asking the question

Karen1
13-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi

Like your comment bumble bees, think I would like to do that! Lol, but bet they would have a fit.

Hi bindy, you can care for only two hours a day without cert! Plus I really just want to start normally and properly.

My parent to sign has really been asking now, and think she is getting well annoyed, don't blame her,. I saw her week after inspection too. Fed up. Am going to ring again Monday, surely they will do it then. Even if its on the net, I can care surely.

K

bindy
13-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Karen 1 could you go to their house and look after kiddies as a nanny? until you can child mind? Trying to think of something so you don't lose this lady or do you think she will wait? It's a crazy situation to be in, I feel for you.

LittleAcornsThatcham
13-07-2013, 06:20 PM
You can look after for free for any hours, it is less than two hours with pay

jadavi
14-07-2013, 02:20 AM
Baby sitting is fine and unlimited. You can take them out as well but not more than two hours at a time at your house.

Karen1
14-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Ah thank you all for the replies, that helps me. It def gives me an option to mention to her. Thanks for that. Am going to chase again on Monday. Thank you again, as it clears up the two hours thing. Thanks

Karen1
15-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Rang earlier and it's in the post! Second class but should be here soon. Thank you.

Thank you for all your replies and keeping me sane. Really pleased it will be here ASAP and can get sorted and sign my lady up now.

I am a childminder and really excited to get started.

Woo hoo what a long wait. Total of 18 weeks from start to finish.:clapping: