PDA

View Full Version : Win £250 in Cash and 12 months Childcare.co.uk gold membership

Richard
01-07-2013, 02:01 PM
WIN £250 in Cash and 12 months Childcare.co.uk gold membership!

The Childminding Forum has been growing so fast that we now have over 25,000 members!

To say thank you to all of our members for their help in making this the biggest online meeting place for registered childminders on the planet, we're going to give one lucky member an amazing £250 in cash and 5 runner-up prizes of 12 months Childcare.co.uk gold membership worth £99.99 each - a total prize package value of nearly £750!

To enter the competition all you need to do is tell us what you like best about the Childminding Forum as a reply to this thread.

The competition ends at 11pm on Saturday 3rd August 2013

Good luck and thank you

Richard, Pauline, Graham , Sarah, Angel, Tina and Rick

rickysmiths
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Oh my word I am the first one to post.

Where do I start? I discovered this site in 2008 when I was searching for info on the 'new' EYFS. Golly doesn't that seem a long way away now.

Well in that time I have had a lot of fun, been to a few fab parties, shared and gained a huge amount of information which has more than helped my practice, how did I manage during all those years before?

Best of all I have made some amazing friends. I remember 4 + years ago arranging to meet a Forum member at Victoria Station to travel to the Design Centre for the Early years Show when she wasn't confident or sure about travelling across London. Golly my teenage daughter gave me merry hell for meeting someone I didn't know off the internet :panic::laughing::laughing::laughing: Well Jen wasn't that bad!!! I have met up with her and many others on numerous occasions over the years, we have put the world and childminding to rights, we have shared fantastic ice creams and had lots of fun.

You have all created a wonderful place for support in those bad and worrying times, help and advise amazing.

Thank you all. Pauline for having the idea, Angel and Sarah and Graham for helping her to make it in to something so amazing and now Ricard for helping it to continue.

AgentTink
01-07-2013, 02:48 PM
I like that Ii may not have childminder friends in the real world, but boy have i got alot of virtual buddies who understand exactly how I feel no matter the business/personal situation I am going through.

I would also like to pass on my thanks from my mindees because without this fourm they wouldnt have the passionate and fun loving childminder that they have today :clapping:

leeanne910
01-07-2013, 02:48 PM
What an amazing competition.

I have only been registered since dec 2012. I was a little worried about working alone and no one to bump heads with and share ideas as i have been used to the past 10 yrs as a nusery nurse. When i so happened to stuble accross the forum :) i think it was even on my birthday too :)

It helped support me through my pre reg making me feel ready and confident and also being there for others in the same boat. Its fab for making new friends. Ok online ones. And i have a picture in ny head of each person looks like which is prob nothing like they do in real life. I love how i dont feel so alone. That if i have a day i need a hug its here i vent. If i wanna scream and shout about someyhin fab its here i share it. Everyone is so caring and supportive and there are some amazing people on here who have helped through such a hard time for me. :) so thx :) thanks for all the hard work u guys do. It makes me feel like i work in a huge organisation and not on my own and without this forum. In the hard times i would havr gave up and thrown in the towel. But this forum supports me. Lifts me up when im down. Gives advice when i cant think straight and also inspires me to be the best i can :)

cs01
01-07-2013, 03:01 PM
I log onto this this forum several times a day and love to read about other people's days, situations, questions and advice and it's not always childminding related. I never phone Ofsted for claification - just post on here. People seem to know more on here than Ofsted do!

Its a great place to visit :D

wmchick
01-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Fast, friendly and reliable responses.. always manage to get an answer here ;)

supermumy
01-07-2013, 03:10 PM
I've been using this forum for years 1st of all ad a quite reader but now love to get involved
I have no real support where I am or cm friends to help me out so paperwork can be a struggle of which this forum is a god send anything I'm stuck on you can type in and come up with answer or some kind or help or any questions I have asked have always been answered with help or some idea of where to look or what to do
It is lovely to know strangers can be so helpful and we all stick together
What's even better is the app as I am on my phone on and off all day long :)

angeldelight
01-07-2013, 03:13 PM
If I delete my name from Richards post at the beginning ...

Does that mean I can enter ? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You lucky lot being in with a chance of winning that :clapping::clapping:

Jealous.com ha ha

Thank you to Richard for being so generous

Angel xxxx

FussyElmo
01-07-2013, 03:20 PM

Does that mean I can enter ? :laughing::laughing:

Jealous.com ha ha

Angel xxxx

Delete mine too and we will go halves :laughing::laughing:

Richard its a fabulous competition thank you :thumbsup:

Tink
01-07-2013, 03:23 PM
I find childminding to be a very lonely job and sometimes I feel like I am completely on my own. That is until I come on the forum where everyone is so friendly and no question is ever a silly question.
Over the past 4 years I have gained what feels like a forum of friends. Although I don't personally know members of this forum, it doesn't matter because it's like family, no problem is ever too small and your all only a click away.
If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't be doing the job I love XXXXXXXX

Rick
01-07-2013, 04:05 PM
What a fantastic competition! Well I won the last one so I suppose I'd better let someone else win this one :-)

All moderators will have a hand in who wins so make it as descriptive as you can! I don't want to see any sob stories how you never win anything. Maybe you will this time....make it good :-)

lwesthorp
01-07-2013, 04:14 PM
The best thing about this Forum is all the brilliant knowledge, experience, guidance, general help & lovely people.

From the day I decided to become a Childminder I have used the forum on a regular basis. I had some great advise when studying & then brilliant guidance on the whole Ofsted process. I love all the free resources too :) I also love that the forums are available on the IPhone & IPad apps, very handy :)

The forum is simply invaluable. X

vikiwizz
01-07-2013, 04:15 PM
This is as really friendly forum and a definitely go to place of you have any question, when like me you are a new childminder and its all a little overwhelming.

Through reading posts on her I feel like I am fully prepared for when I start childminding in September. I'm not sure I would be any where near as prepared as I am without this place.

Viki

LittleAcornsThatcham
01-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Being self employed and a 'lone worker', I found childminding very lonely the first time round. Now I have returned to childminding the members of this forum have been there every step of the way for support, guidance, and help getting up to speed with all the new changes. It's been a life line and I hope to be able to offer new members in the future the same support I have received!

tulip0803
01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
What I love is that there is always someone here that can support, help and care, whether it is a problem with work, practice, parents, children, neighbours, our own families, inspections, personal circumstances. Everyone on here may never meet every other in person but they are the most fantastic friends you can find.

If I am feeling down I can come on here and someone will start me smiling (or crying with laughter about vajazzles in party bags). If I am stressed someone will show concern and offer ways to solve the problem. Even if I do not post I always check in here every day I can. Even when I only had a PC in a freezing attic and had to wear coat and gloves and wipe condensation from the screen I would always come here because I know my virtual friends are here.

The knowledge of everyone combined (even the newbies and pre-reg even though they wont believe it yet) will raise the spirits and support the others.

We can laugh together, cry together, share ideas, give and ask for advice.

Together we are strong - together we can do anything :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Thank you for the fantastic competition xxx

Louise_Oaktree
01-07-2013, 05:40 PM
I love being able to share ideas about implementing the EYFS as when you work on your own there is no one to bounce ideas off, it's also great to help people who have been in the same boat as you by offering advice. I couldn't be a CM without the forum x

Alofee
01-07-2013, 05:53 PM
When you ask a question someone has the answer or if not can recommend a site to view. Every childminder goes through difficult decisions daily and having the forum their is perfect to seek advice. I found the forum excellent when starting out and still read reviews from others which are interesting and helpful. Every day is a challenge and having the forum has been absolutely great! Would recommend to any childminder!

Optimalstar
01-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Boy I'm struggling today. I think I've figured out how to reply to the OP if not then it'll be obviously in the wrong place :eek:

Originally I accessed the forum via my laptop but then when it wasn't playing very nice anymore I discovered I could also access it via the iPad :) :)Big plus. Or it was until my daughter just borrowed it and I've resorted back to the laptop(now repaired and doing as it's told ;)) I've forgot how to navigate the forum on the laptop, the iPad seems so much easier. Well except when trying to locate resources. Perhaps they're only available on the laptop version.

Anyway, I've digressed enough, my story:

I discovered this forum when I was doing the pre-reg. I can't recall what landed me exactly, might have been via a roundabout trip following a link, possibly from Sarah's blog. I think I hung around in the background watching/reading for a while but as I'm normally chatty I found myself joining in. I tend to have quieter periods, as we all probably do, when I'm busy with something.

What makes me return:

Updates on what's happening in the world of childminding. Especially during those periods I find I've dropped out of the loop when I've been busy.
Amusing stories or posts. There are a few comics in here at times. Helpful when you just need a laugh after a stressful day.
Speaking of stress. It's a great place to let everything out without being judged, for the main part. I add that as I know sometimes messages are misunderstood or people may inadvertantly cross the line but hey everyone's human and people normally apologise if they cause upset.
Useful ideas, suggestions, general inspiration when you find yourself lacking.

I'm sure I could go on but with (my own) 2 and 3 year olds presently causing nucleur fallout around my ankles I guess I ought to admit defeat and get them to bed.

charleyfarley
01-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Wow what a great competition, thank you so much :thumbsup:

I found the Forum by pure chance and haven't looked back since joining. It's helped me not only with my Childminding business but also with my personal life too. I know no matter how long I leave it between visits to the Forum everyone is so welcoming and helpful. I've met a whole heap of new and wonderful friends, people I would never have met if it wasn't for the Forum so for this I thank you.:thumbsup:

So even if I don't win this wonderful prize, I feel I've won anyway with all the friends I've made :clapping:

Carol xx

munch149
01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
The best thing about the site is knowing there is always someone there for you. Whether something simple or the most worrying thing. Childminding related or not I know I can always start a thread on here and get positive and/or constructive comments. Lots of genuinely lovely people.

Pauline
01-07-2013, 08:02 PM

Does that mean I can enter ? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Jealous.com ha ha

Angel xxxx

How about we just delete you full stop <evil laughter> :laughing::laughing:

SYLVIA
01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
I love this forum for so many reasons. I come on here at least once every day and I feel part of every members lives. I laugh with them and I cry with them and learn that so many lovely people are only too willingly to put their virtual arms around others to comfort them. I learn so much about childminding that I wouldn't have a clue about if I didn't hear about it on the forum.
By asking questions and getting ideas from so many people my job is always interesting for me and for the children I care for.
I feel like I have a huge family at the touch of a button, that will be able to help me when I need it or comfort me if I need it and lots of people and friends who I can share great news with. Childminders are a special breed and this forum is full of special people

CarolR
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
I have been childminding for nearly 13 years in total and have seen loads of changes. I reregistered almost 6 years ago and so glad I did.

I have not used this forum much because I always seem to be studying or doing endless paper work but that is going to change.

I love that this site is all about us, non judgmental, informative, helpful, friendly, up to date and anything goes.
It can be a source of companionship in a lonely profession and also a great source of humour at the end of the day.

Burtie Bopper
02-07-2013, 06:50 AM
I am a newbie in the process of registering to become a childminder and if it wasn't for the Childminding Forum and all the wonderful tips, advice and insights I have got from here then I don't think I would have kept going through the registration process. You have definitely kept me going so THANK YOU xx

dawnn93
02-07-2013, 08:53 AM
I've been a childminder for over a year and without the help of the childminding forum I wouldn't be able to operate my business properly without advice from experienced childminders.
This forum is excellent for both new and experienced as I believe we can all learn from each other and help each other.
Without the forum I don't think I would have survived my first inspection and any issuesi have been unsure about.
Thank you childminding forum for your help so far.

Star
02-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi, simply brilliant. Whether we use it often or little. Some thing for everyone no matter what your stage or experience in childminding. A one stop world for all your needs. Simply brilliant. Always somebody there to help, from something minor to something major. Or a place to just chat and share. Childminding will never be a lonely job with the childminding forum around. Well done to those with the brilliant idea of starting it and the hard work behind the scenes in carrying it on and keeping it relevant and updated. Couldn't live without it. A million thanks. :clapping:

Greengrass74
02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
This forum is like a handbook for childminders, there is so much knowledge on here and you can always find the answer to any question. :thumbsup:

It is also a place to come for a bit of light relief and laugh.

Kerry84
02-07-2013, 02:39 PM
I am in the process of registering to become a childminder and can not wait to get started, at first it was all a bit daunting but with all the friendly help and advice from all the lovely people on the forum and hearing all your stories it has eased my mind and now I'm really looking forward to getting started! The resources have also been such a massive help and will continue to use the forum throughout my new career! Everything about it is fantastic, thank you :-) xxx

amelia lilly
02-07-2013, 03:17 PM
I did my course last feb but didn't register because felt like I didn't know enough, then I came across this site November time and it give me the confidence to register with Ofsted just waiting for my certificate, its been great and so helpful thankyou so much x

Bluebell
02-07-2013, 06:00 PM
i like the peer to peer support: The advice from those more knowledgeable and able to support or guide others who have questions with my own experience or opinion.

Jo Jo
02-07-2013, 08:14 PM
The forum has been an important asset through my childminding journey !
I have received lots of good advice that has helped me through my registration and first ofsted grading achieving a good which is down to the support and friendliness of the forum members
Thankyou very much :thumbsup:

Fraggle1
03-07-2013, 11:54 AM
What can I say about this board

It doesn't matter if you are on here everyday, every month or every few months, everyone is always supportive and you will ALWAYS find an answer or a supportive shoulder :)

tigwig
03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
I am addicted to this forum! I go on in my lunch break, when I'm out and about through the day and have a few sneaky minutes (love the app it's so easy) and it's the last thing I read before I go to bed.
The advice others give on here is just fab and has helped me in lots of situations which I've then been able to pass on information to others. If I ever have any query about anything to do with childminding this is the first place I come. I couldn't live without it ha ha!

mama2three
03-07-2013, 12:01 PM
I come to chat , share , rant , support , laugh and even occasionally cry.

Thankyou , especially to Pauline x

sonic75
03-07-2013, 12:03 PM
I love being able to find the answers to any questions I have. I like the free resources and use them alot in my business

liz252
03-07-2013, 12:04 PM
I like the fact I can dip in & out of the forum when I need to, looking for information or generally just nosing around! I haven't always been that vocal but I read through the posts & have gained so much knowledge, information, understanding, ideas, just by browsing through a few times a week. It's then led me onto finding out different things that I needed to know, or has put ideas into my head that I've then acted upon. It's a great place to be able to look through & hear like minded people talking about your business! So thanks to everyone who have a massive part to play in this, your work and expertise have been invaluable to me even though I'm fairly silent :)

Ayles
03-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Wow cant believe I have been childminding and a member of childcare.co.uk for 4 years now and only just found this site, I love a good forum hoping to meet lots of like minded people and learn new skills and win some competitions too by the looks of it

jubeedo
03-07-2013, 12:07 PM
]the best thing about this childminding forum is :- no matter what dilemma or problem your faced with ,there will always be someone on here who has seen it, been there or done it so help is always at hand :clapping:[/SIZE]

Fidget2001
03-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Fairly new to this forum, but best thing is finding like minded people out there, can be a lonely working alone all day, thanks peeps :)

rickysmiths
03-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Only five more new members to get to the 25,000 :happy banana::happy banana::cheerleader::magnificent:

JoannaKButler
03-07-2013, 12:11 PM
The Childminding Forum is always the first place I look online with any and all of the childminding queries I have. It provides the most reliable answers!
Joanna Butler

Lilylulu
03-07-2013, 12:12 PM
I love the comradery, reassurance and support. However bizarre and crazy your problems seem, there is always someone else who has been through it, someone who can better it with a story of their own experiences, someone to give advice, and someone to help make you smile about it. I also love sharing good practice hints and tips, bargains, etc - sooo many reasons that we love it. Keep up the good work :)

Ripeberry
03-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I found it (The Forum) back in 2008 when I was looking into childminding. I did home care work before with the elderly but even though we had an 'office' to report back to, they were never interested in any problems we had with clients and I only met other carers when we had a 'lifting' job. So it was very lonely.There seemed to be no on-line forums either for people who worked in senior care. I looked for a forum for childminders and came across this one.
I was given a warm welcome and for a few months I avidly looked up as much info as I could and then took the plunge to apply to be a CM. Met lots of people, even if it's on-line and I've never looked back since :thumbsup: :)

Tippy Toes
03-07-2013, 12:21 PM
I love the childminding forum because it has given me the best advice over the year's I have been using it. Whenever I have a childminding query I can always rely on the forum members to offer me great in depth answers and also support if I ever need it. Even though members dont know you personally
They treat you like a friend and that's what I love about this site.

It has also provided me with great activity idea's, money off codes and great offers, such as food hygiene courses etc.

And lastly I love the fact you can come and go from the forum and even if you have not posted in a while you still get the same level of support.

Annaoleary
03-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I've just joined the site so am new to all this but am looking forwards to using the forum.

Katteriffic
03-07-2013, 12:28 PM
I like the childminding forum because I can always find someone to help with any problems, or to just brighten my day!

adedwards68
03-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Where do I begin, it would be a lot easier to say what I don't like which is nothing.
On this forum we can moan, we can celebrate, we can query, we can answer, we can share ideas, we can share our ideas, we can buy, we can sell, we can giveaway, we can get freebies, we can get Sarah's fab books, if she hasn't got a book she'll write one!, we can make friends, we can agree and we can disagree, we can laugh and we can cry,we can just read orwe can contribute
This is the best childminding forum Ive come across and I'm sure I spend too much time on it! Lol:laughing:

amylouise867
03-07-2013, 12:55 PM
This is such a fantastic place....

It has given me the confidence & reassurance to pursue my dream.*
For that alone I am so grateful!

The advice, the friendly banter, the reassurance & encouragement is second to none here.

I haven't been a member for very long but I spend alot of time here & I have gained some great ideas that I look forward to putting into practice!

I value and appreciate the hard work everyone who contributes puts in here!! It's great to know you're never alone & there's always someone there!

It's a place you can come to share your experiences & ideas- with people who share the same passion.

The forum is a place to get honest, up to date information & I am so happy to be apart of this great family!

Thank you :)

michelle73
03-07-2013, 01:01 PM
:thumbsup:

I love seeing what other childminders are upto, what works well, what i can add or change, where i can go, what more i could do ... a gold mine of information and guidance, fact and fiction.

Childcare.co.uk is equally as helpful - would definately benefit from another years' free subs please :thumbsup:

DeborahJenkins
03-07-2013, 01:07 PM
I love this site and especially the mobile app. I know straight away if someone is trying to contact me. I can check new families in my area looking for a childminder and there is alot of usefull information on this site! Brilliant!! -

vikkigonnella
03-07-2013, 01:08 PM
This forum has been great for me from finding information, help with problems, ideas for activities and i've been able to ask for help and advice without being made to feel stupid.

Alili2008
03-07-2013, 01:08 PM
I find your site very helpful and interesting. Thanks that you exist.

wendy latimer
03-07-2013, 01:09 PM
I have found so much useful information out here,people to help which is great even if you just want a moan,somebody will answer.great place to be.thank's.

Karen1
03-07-2013, 01:12 PM
A big thank you. Setting up has been quite lonely and frustrating and having this forum with lots of fantastic advice and support has been brilliant. Keeping me sane in the long long wait and nervous worry of setting up to having my first visit.

Thanks again, and think this site has become a firm favourite.

Kare

hayley262
03-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I love the page for the reason that it has everything you need to know and theres other childminders that can help if what your looking for is not on here, it is really easy and simple to use x

Wiggle Wiggle
03-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Great support for both fellow and prospective Childminders! :)A listening ear – somewhere to talk where you know someone at the end of their key board may be able to provide the key piece of information that you need to make the jigsaw complete! Support, resources, exemplary sharing of good practice, allows ideas to flourish (I could go on!):blush: Moreover, enables Childminding to be seen as professional, be given a voice and for Childminders to be enabled to have their standing amongst the rest of the early years sector! :clapping:

Kerry1981
03-07-2013, 01:16 PM
If ever I've got any questions on any aspect of my job, I know I can come on here and it's problem solved, every single time.

A complete god send!! Please don't ever leave me!!! lol

unalindura77
03-07-2013, 01:33 PM
As Kerry just said this site is sent from above.

I am in the process of registering and initially found it difficult to understand many of the procedures and right timings for applications, courses, paperwork.

Also I have already learnt so much for when I communicate with parents in future, as well as learning valuable information and idea's on implementing the EYFS correctly.

I know that I will belong to Childmindinghelp for as long as it exists and can rely on it for guidance at any time.

georgeypie07
03-07-2013, 01:36 PM
i love this site because Its
my inspiration, support and friendship network all rolled into one.

Simona
03-07-2013, 01:43 PM
No matter where you are
no matter what the problem is
no matter what you want to share
no matter what is going on
...someone will help in this forum

every childminder MATTERS!!

Good luck to whoever wins !!

claire & steve
03-07-2013, 02:02 PM
I love the forum because it has the most friendly, helpful and nicest members that are always willing to share info and advice with you. It's helped me grow my childminding business and helped me feel more confident with all the paperwork side of things. It's just a fab and friendly forum that I love and couldn't be without xx

Steph Ed
03-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi,
my name is Steph Edwards, i have recently joined the childminding forum, i have found it to be a very useful resource for getting information on how to get help in starting up a childminding business and what forms i need etc. it has been my lifeline in information and resources for childminding. i cant say enough how much i appreciate this service being available to someone like me who knows nothing about business or where to start.

what i like best about this forum is in fact the forum itself, that i can come online and chat to others like myself who are having the same issues problems, thoughts, feelings etc as myself. we can chat and exchange ideas and information on all that pertains to our businesses ...this i believe helps better the service that we can provide to our clients the parents and most importantly all the children out there who benefit from childminders everywhere can benefit also from this forum just being available to people like me

Kazza263
03-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi
Ive recently joined the childminding forum to be able to post but have used it several times since nov (when I became a registered childminder) to look up info I needed to know / was unsure about - seeing posts makes me feel part of a community and not alone and I feel a bit more confident as a childminder who is really just starting out into the childminding world - so thank you very much to all xx:jump for joy:

zoeholt
03-07-2013, 03:00 PM
I am new but i like that i could come here and ask for advice if i needed it.

I also like to read other peoples posts in their situations and how they handle it so I can take note if something ever comes up

jelly15
03-07-2013, 03:06 PM
The advice, support and friendship on this forum that makes such a big difference to my life and career.

Little Chicos
03-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Hi,
My name is Rosa, I have recently joined the childminding forum , I think this Forum is great because it has given me the best advice since I have joined .I’m in the process of registration for Childminding business. This forum helped me feel more confident and secure also there is always someone there ready to give advice and support .Thank you :thumbsup:

littleguy1
03-07-2013, 03:34 PM
I love this forum because its a great place to visit when you get the rare 5 minutes to yourself! You can come on here to vent, to seek advice (and not just for childminding related topics!) and to gain support. I love it, I love hearing about issues that other childminders tackle and feel more confident in what I do after reading replies. Ive sometime been touched by the support that some of you offer to others and really feels like we pull together on here as a community of childminders, I just love it!

Little Chicos
03-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Hi,
My name is Rosa, I have recently joined the childminding forum ,This is great because it has given me the best advice since I have joined.I’m in the process of registration for Childminding business. This forum helped me feel more confident and secure also there is always someone there ready to give advice and support .Thank you :thumbsup:

HilaryT
03-07-2013, 04:19 PM
The Forum keeps me up-to-date with current childminding rules and regulations. It also helps me ensure my business is the best it can be, through the sharing of ideas and exchange of excellent practice, and I am quite sure I would not have gained my 2 Outstanding Ofsted inspection grades without the help, advice and support of the Childminding Forum.

maggi
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Best thing about childminding forum it helps keep me up to date with my Buiseness so i know whats going on and also gives helpful advice and ideas
and suggestions of courses that may help also giving names of providers of training

Yemisi
03-07-2013, 06:29 PM
hi

I just recently registered, and I am in the process of becoming a childminder. I believe the forum will give me the opportunity to enquire, get knowledge and relevant information about becoming an outstanding childminder. Also it will help me to connect with childminders and communicate and get responses to my questions.

PixiePetal
03-07-2013, 07:17 PM
I haven't read all the posts on this thread but am adding my own. I was that nervous traveller Rickysmiths mentioned in the first post - so glad I made the leap of faith and she met me at Victoria (and I ignored my teen daughters advice too!) I am now a happy London visitor and have met her and others again - about time we had another get together - more ice creams and cake!

I also found the forum by searching for help online when the original EYFS came out and I didn't know where to start with policies and procedures. This took me to Sarahs website and a link to the forum, I was hooked and have been ever since. Sarah particularly has been such a help to me as without her and the forum I would have given up in 2011 when I had a complaint made against me. I was desperate and without the forum I honestly do not know where I would be now. (Advice and support was second to none and it would be lovely to meet her one day) The complaint was unfounded and I was back working very quickly, the emotional scars are harder to heal but with the friends I have made on the forum I know I am going to carry on doing what I love.

Thanks to all involved in the forum over the years, long may it continue. Cheers to old friends and new :thumbsup:

thills
03-07-2013, 07:21 PM
The best thing about this forum is that it feels like friends and often when you have a question someone else asks and the answer magically appears for you, like little fairies typing what you need to know!

fridafriend
03-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Finding this forum was absolutely essential for me, especially when I am just about to start with childminding and need all the good ideas and recomendations which are always best from people who live it! It already gave me a few great ideas. I am happy I know about this site and I will be a regular here! Thank you ever so much! :-)

Stapleton83
03-07-2013, 07:36 PM
I found the forum by accident when I was searching for some help on my level 3 course and have kept on coming back ever since. But it is not just the great advice, ideas and support that have meant I keep coming back but the chance to give something back to the people who have helped me through the times when being a childminder has been funny, tough and worthwhile. For me the forum is all about support in one way or another either through sharing experiences or ideas, supporting each other through the good, the bad and the ugly or just popping in for a brief chat when we have an elusive spare 5 mins!

It is immensely addictive and has allowed me to feel part of a community who doesn't judge me, is always there to help and support me in what ever way they can and allows me to do the same even when I am dressed in my jimjams!

Sam x

joannes
03-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Finding this site has literally been a lifeline to me. I have found myself increasingly unhappy in my work as a teacher, and missing my toddler every day whilst as work, missing so many firsts. It literally got to the point where I was coming home in tears every night, seeing my boy for half an hour before putting him to bed then doing 4 hours of paperwork a night. After spending precious little time with my other half either I reached a point where I had to make some important decisions regarding our immediate future as a family. I love the work I do with children but would feel I'd wasted a lot of time, money and training if I changed away from teaching or childcare. A friend recommended childminding and this was a totally new area to me. I didn't have the foggiest where to begin, or what I'd need or already be able to utilise. At a time where I am feeling most run-down, stressed, busy and inundated with end of year reports, assessments, evaluations, progress meetings, subject analysis etc. I needed a "one-stop-shop" for information. This is it. Everyone I have spoken to on here has been really informative and supportive, I have found answers to all my questions and genuinely feel I am making an informed decision for my future. With a mortgage to pay and toddler it's been very important for me to "play it safe" and stay as secure as possible but this website has been invaluable to help me "take a risk" and follow my heart. I know it will play a crucial part in, especially, my first year when I start childminding in January. It has removed a lot of the confusion and panic that's associated with starting a new business. The website tackles the more negative side of childminding as well as the positive which is invaluable as I find from reading about the challenges others face and how they tackle these, this will help me improve my practice and be much more prepared.

Tatjana
03-07-2013, 08:58 PM
I am part of the best childminders community! :thumbsup:

I love the support on here, no one understands my childminding problems like the childminders on here do.

The advice is excellent, things I would never have thought of, I am grateful to be part of this strong community of childminders!

Gemma Williams
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
it's somewhere to share ideas and work through any issues with like-minded peeps

beckyteddy
03-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Always being able to find an answer, whatever the question or time of day!

ChevisChildcare
04-07-2013, 05:59 AM
I love the idea of forum as they provide an oportunity for making friends, shareing ideas and seeking advice. It lovely to talk to like minded people and to hear they are dealing with similar problems. Looking forward to gettying involved.

Kiddleywinks
04-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Like others, I found the forum by 'accident' whilst I was surfing the internet 'researching' becoming a childminder again.
Things had changed a lot from the first time I'd registered!
I started off as an observer at first, like so many of us, reading the highlights, and lowlights, of minding.

At the time, I was also dealing with some pretty heavy personal stuff, when I saw the Grannygate thread, and the subsequent comments had me in stitches.
That post was the first thing that had made me physically laugh out loud for a long time.

The more I read, the more information I wanted, and I got it all right here.
The basis of my policies came from here, some specifics of my fees policy came from a number of posts from one member here, my paperwork has grown and developed from the basis of several other members hard work and the sharing of that hard work here - I only wish I'd made a note now of who contributed what before I re jigged it to suit me and my setting so I could thank them all :laughing: (Yes Sarah, I shall be doing that in future and putting it in my SEF :laughing:)
I've also been fortunate enough to meet some members recently, and that's been such a pleasant experience, especially as I've then been able to thank them personally for help they've given either knowingly or unknowingly through the forum.

I now have a 'childminding' bookmark, with several sub folders so I can go back to the various links posted by members, things like DofE/EYFS stuff, Blogs, Crafts and Activities, Shopping sites, Colouring Pages, Recipes, etc.
I started off wondering how I was ever going to fill the day keeping the LO's occupied, now I want to ask parents to collect later so we can fit it all in!

The biggest feeling I have here, is the sense of community. No one understands or 'gets' this job in the outside world, or the effect it can have on our home life, so when it's been a bad day, we can offload with people that understand, when it's been a good day, we can share with people that also appreciate our joy, when we get 'political' we can come here to find the most recent information, when we need direction over paperwork, rules or regulations, someone always has an answer or something to share, when we need support or advice in our personal life we can pop into the lounge, and when we just want to 'switch off' .....

....we end up on a childminding forum where there's always an idea or two to add to the growing list of 'must do's' :thumbsup::clapping:

Samijanec
04-07-2013, 08:18 AM
I love coming here, it's so full of advice and everyone is so friendly. It's great to cha with people who understand the stresses we face and just to get some often much needed tips... :)

ClarePrice
04-07-2013, 10:31 AM
I have picked up some really good advice and tips from this site. I am a newly registered Childminder and am learning a lot at the moment.

freckleonear
04-07-2013, 07:25 PM
I haven't been a member of the forum for that long, but I know I can always rely on the members to provide support and advice when needed. Also there are lots of brilliant ideas being shared and it is obvious that everyone is passionate about becoming the best childminder they can be.

Cariad
04-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Well, what can I say other than if it wasn't for this forum, I doubt very much that I would have gone into childminding at all. I found the forum when looking for more information about childminding and that's exactly what I found along with some great advice and the knowledge that there would always be someone there to answer my questions (no matter how silly they sound). It's great to be able to talk to people who know exactly what you're on about.
Thanks guys! :clapping:

marie.hodgson
05-07-2013, 11:03 AM
whenever I need help this is where I can get it from! New and old childminders join and alot of experience get passed around. I enjoy reading through old threads when researching, it gives me loads of ideas on what to do or what Im looking for.
I also love the chilcare.co.uk website as Im always looking for parents seeking childcare. I'm not a gold member so would love this opportunity to become one!;)

jillplum
05-07-2013, 01:05 PM
For me I love to read about all of the different issues faced by minders all over the uk. I know that doing all this reading will help me deal with any issues I might have in the future. It is also great to realise we are all facing the same situations and to get so many different opinions and ways of dealing with it.
The forum is also fab when I need a bit of a laugh and joke with people who understand our need for grown up chat sometimes :D

Rick
06-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Some good answers in there :clapping:

Keep adding your answers for your chance of winning one of those fantastic prizes :D

Remember make it as interesting and detailed as you can :thumbsup:

mandycpayton
07-07-2013, 07:46 AM
I have been registered since the beginning of the year and as much as I love my job it can sometimes be quite isolating being around little people all day (gorgeous as they are!) discovering this site has made me feel less 'alone' and I have a feeling that I'm going to become a regular!!!

mmichellled
08-07-2013, 08:16 AM
Quite simply it is the only support I have received. I found it so difficult to get answers to very simple questions; from the internet and even from Ofsted (who have refused to advise me on several questions). I was able to get specific advice when registering from people who have been running for years. People were so friendly and went out of their way to be supportive. Most importantly I have been able to link up with people who are are the same stage as me andwe have supported each other and have kept in touch. Based on the positive experience I certainly feel that as I get more experience in the childminding world I will come back and offer others the support that I received. Thank you!!!! :-)

LittleLadybirds
08-07-2013, 09:42 AM
I love the fact that there are so many knowledgeable and friendly people here on the forum, and that you are never made to feel that your questions are silly - no matter how many times they have already been asked!

People are so friendly and helpful - and the forum is here no matter what silly time in the middle of the night you may be up and worrying about something! :thumbsup:

rochkie
08-07-2013, 08:50 PM
hello,i have just joined the forum.i have been child minding for 16 years,i am looking forward to reading other child minders opinions and experiences

taiwallis
09-07-2013, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't still be childminding today if it wasn't for this group. You helped me reach Outstanding - a 1 in everything, and have got me through the hard times!! You have been an absolute god send i wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for this group! 8 yrs later, i am still sitting here pondering over paperwork, cursing under my breath, but when i play in the garden this afternoon under the sprinkler with the babies it will all be worth it!
xxxxxx

Petshrinklj
09-07-2013, 08:47 PM
This forum is awesome. It may be one of my best buddies lol. I'm pre reg but have found sooo much helpful advice and support from forum members its been brilliant. I have never felt shy about asking any of my questions no matter how silly they were (how to spell Ofsted being one of them, lol) i've had soo many questions I think I'm almost up to 300 post now. In fact this could be my 300th post so thank you for making me feel so welcome and supporting me on my journey so far.

Not only has the forum helped me in my journey to become a childminder but I believe you have helped me be a better mum. Today my kids have enjoyed breaking dinosaurs out of frozen ice, painting using toy cars rolled in paint and water play with old bits of guttering. None of these ideas came from me they are all off the forum. So a big thank you from my kiddies too.

Just realised I haven't answered the question ha ha typical me. The best bit of the forum is you guys and gals. Thank you all. (i can't find a kiss emoticon so this will have to do) :group hug:

Hollytree
13-07-2013, 09:06 PM
I have been reading this forum for a couple of years and it helped me to make my mind up about becoming a childminder. I've just joined so I can now post so I am excited to get to know some new people! I just had a little boy so I am using this time to plan by business with the help of all the fab advice in the forum. Such kind words and brilliant advice with no judgement encouraged me to join up and get involved. So glad your here! X

TRACY RYAN
19-07-2013, 01:14 PM
I am a newly registered childminder and i'm really greatful for this site it has helped me through, I am currently awaiting my first inspection any day now and I have been using the forum a lot to get tips and advice so I don't know where I would be without it.

Thanks everyone x:laughing:

madredann
19-07-2013, 08:44 PM
The Childminding Forum is a great place to chat, ask advice and other peoples opinions-you always get a varied response but it is great to draw on other peoples experiences it really helps especially in these times of confusion and uncertainty. It is a great place to share lovely moments that we have with our children and to show how proud we are of what we do.
Good luck to everyone x

Mouse
19-07-2013, 09:44 PM
I found the forum just after I'd been given my outstanding grading. I'd never really bothered looking for anything to do with childminding before, but after my shock result (I really wasn't expecting it!) I felt inspired to see what was out there.

I stumbled across the forum and was drawn in straight away. To be honest, my first thought was that I was so glad I hadn't found the forum before my inspection! There was so much information and advice that it made me feel quite inadequate - I think I'd have tied myself in knots trying to take on all the ideas I read about.

Everything I saw I thought "ooh, I should do that". I was introducing more & more ideas until it became unworkable. I then took a step back and realised that although there were a lot of really fabulous ideas, I didn't have to implement all of them! I learnt to pick & chose the ones that worked for me. That's one of the things I love about the forum. We're all so different and work in such different ways. We can totally agree on somethings, then totally disagree on others - what a boring forum if we were all the same!

Cheeky Faces
24-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Hi I started looking through this forum a few years ago. It as been very useful for when I have been looking for some advice and support, sometimes just reading other peoples threads have helped.

It has also been usful for studying my degree, looking at other people opinions and resesrching this to help write my essays.

Thanks again for being there when i needed support. xxx:clapping:

hmmummy
25-07-2013, 12:23 PM
I have recently completed my childminding course and it was helped massively due to the vast experience and advice that was available on this site! A massive thank you to all who post as you never know how many people you may actually reach and how helpful it is. Big Thanks!!!:clapping:

r white
28-07-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm new to this site but I've found it to be very useful
It's lovely to know you can talk to fellow childminders if you have a problem or query about your business and also to share ideas on delivering the best practice you can
I'm so glad I joined the site :-)

candy cat
28-07-2013, 07:35 PM
C is for childminders
H is for helpful
I is for ideas
L is for Learning
D is for Development
M is for mindees
I is for information
N is for news
D is for debates
I is for inspiration
N is for network
G is for giggles
F is for friendship
O is for ofsted
R is for Richard
U is for understanding
M is for mentors

sarah707
04-08-2013, 07:49 AM
Well the competition is finished - so let's give a cheer! :clapping:

So many answered - so many are here... :eek:

Thank you to Pauline for having the idea...

The Forum has 25,000+ members - amazing but true!

All supportive and fun, offering advice and help too.

We all have questions to pose and it's great to make friends,

Richard and admin are fab :D it's a good place to be :group hug:

Now... to choose a few winners... so glad it's not down to me! :laughing:

Good luck everyone!! :happy banana::happy banana:

adedwards68
04-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Yes good luck everybody. It was a great competition as it really made you think how many things are discussed on here.

amylouise867
04-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Yes good luck everybody. It was a great competition as it really made you think how many things are discussed on here. dde0a

I agree - a great competition!

Lovely to read how this forum helps so many others and brings many like-minded people together!!

Good Luck everyone :) xx

Richard
05-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks to everyone who entered and for all the lovely comments.

We are currently reviewing the large number of entries and will announce the winners by the end of the week :)

Richard
07-08-2013, 02:36 PM
We are pleased to announce the winners of the competition!

First prize of £250 in cash goes to amylouise867 and the 5 runner up prizes of 12 months Childcare.co.uk gold membership go to: leeanne910, tulip0803, petshrinklj, candy cats and Kiddleywinks.

To claim your prize please send me a PM.

Well done to all the winners and thanks again to everyone who entered.

Richard :)

FussyElmo
07-08-2013, 02:40 PM

First prize of £250 in cash goes to amylouise867 and the 5 runner up prizes of 12 months Childcare.co.uk gold membership go to: leanne910, tulip0803, petshrinklj, candy cats and Kiddleywinks.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Well dones everyone :thumbsup:

butterfly
07-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Well done everyone!!

Rick
07-08-2013, 03:41 PM
We'll done Amy Louise!
I hope you find something nice to buy with your winnings!

leeanne910
07-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Omg....that me..... leeanne910 or is there another one with just one e.........

On the ege of me seaattttttttttttt

FussyElmo
07-08-2013, 04:13 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Pm Richard :thumbsup::clapping:

Rick
07-08-2013, 04:22 PM

I hope the childcare.co.uk membership helps you in your business!

leeanne910
07-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Me toooooooooo at mo am almost full but you never know what is around the corner :)

Rick
07-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Me toooooooooo at mo am almost full but you never know what is around the corner :)

Yes you never know. Lots of parents look for a few months ahead as well so you can get in there first and get chatting to them :D

Amandak28
07-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Well done everyone :-) x

Bumble Beez
07-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Oh fab...well done everyone...and well done to Amylouise867 too for getting first prize :clapping:

Sarah x

Richard
07-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Yes it is you! I have sent you a PM :)

tulip0803
07-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Congratulations everyone (including me) :clapping::clapping:

I never win anything!!!!

Thank you so much xxxx

Rick
07-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Congratulations everyone (including me) :clapping::clapping:

I never win anything!!!!

Thank you so much xxxx

Congratulations :clapping:

I hope the childcare.co.uk gold membership benefits your business :thumbsup:

tulip0803
07-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Congratulations :clapping:

I hope the childcare.co.uk gold membership benefits your business :thumbsup:

Just in time for when I resign my other job in October :thumbsup:

amylouise867
07-08-2013, 07:41 PM

First prize of £250 in cash goes to amylouise867 and the 5 runner up prizes of 12 months Childcare.co.uk gold membership go to: leeanne910, tulip0803, petshrinklj, candy cats and Kiddleywinks.

I am absolutely in shock right now and I can not thank you enough!

I can not put into words how much this £250 means to me as it means I can purchase some wonderful resources and go on some extra training that has caught my eye this week!

I would like to say the biggest thank you!
I will put this money to great use for my childminding!

Thank you again and a massive congratulations to all the other winners and well done to everyone who took part in this competition.

I look forward to many many more visits here!! xxx

Rick
07-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I am absolutely in shock right now and I can not thank you enough!

I can not put into words how much this £250 means to me as it means I can purchase some wonderful resources and go on some extra training that has caught my eye this week!

I would like to say the biggest thank you!
I will put this money to great use for my childminding!

Thank you again and a massive congratulations to all the other winners and well done to everyone who took part in this competition.

I look forward to many many more visits here!! xxx

Well done :clapping:

I had a feeling you would put it to good use :thumbsup:

Bumble Beez
07-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Amylouise...If you buy anything for work...make sure you share the photos :)
Lucky girl x

Sarah x

leeanne910
07-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Yeyyyy i was a winner hehehehhe

Well done everyone :)

Welldone amy louise!!!!! Enjoy resource shopping how exciting :) perfect for startin out so u defo deserve it

Thanks :) i am a pleased leeanne in a happydappy mood :) fab day with 2 sign ups...calm mindees....childcare subscription and finished wiyh a chinese n wine :)

3 cheers for the best forum ever...our own lil organisation ;) bein awsome childminders!!!!

Bumble Beez
07-08-2013, 08:06 PM
3 cheers for the best forum ever...our own lil organisation ;) bein awsome childminders!!!!

Hip, hip....hooray :) well said!

Sarah x

candy cat
07-08-2013, 08:52 PM
I think I am runner up too :0)

Rick
07-08-2013, 09:05 PM
I think I am runner up too :0)

You sure are :clapping:

I hope your gold subscription to childcare.co.uk helps you in your business :thumbsup:

candy cat
07-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks .....couldn't have come at a better time.....so pleased well done everyone else :0)

amylouise867
07-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Amylouise...If you buy anything for work...make sure you share the photos :)
Lucky girl x

Sarah x

You know me I sure will :) xx

Kiddleywinks
10-08-2013, 06:56 AM
:D

Well done AmyLouise :clapping:, and to the other prize winners :clapping:

Thank you also to the mods and forum for my runner up prize :thumbsup:
My subscription is up for renewal this month so couldn't have come at a better time :laughing:

Rick
10-08-2013, 07:36 AM
:D

Well done AmyLouise :clapping:, and to the other prize winners :clapping:

Thank you also to the mods and forum for my runner up prize :thumbsup:
My subscription is up for renewal this month so couldn't have come at a better time :laughing:

Excellent, hopefully it will come in handy then ;)

Petshrinklj
27-08-2013, 08:51 AM
What a surprise thank you very much. That's wonderful :) :) :jump for joy:

Rick
27-08-2013, 09:30 AM
What a surprise thank you very much. That's wonderful :) :) :jump for joy:

Have you only just realised :laughing:

Well done :thumbsup: