PDA

View Full Version : help risk assessments

childminder54
08-07-2008, 10:16 AM
im crap at writing assignments and ideas how would i fill in;- ive got a book were heads are hazards, risk level,, actions
for sleeping area
play room
living room
bathroom
garden
,outings

many thanks

veronicaxx

Pudding Girl
08-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Take one ie Kitchen and go into it and sit on the floor lol, and take a good look around and think of anything that you think a child may hurt themselves on, get into, burn themselves on etc etc and for each thing write what the concern is ( ie)

Risk:

Children getting into cupboards

And then say what you would do to overcome it - IE

Action:

Fit cupboard locks to prevent access

as for risk level, I admit I don't do that on mine as to me if something is a risk, it's a risk and needs actioning regardless of low med or high risk.
Does that help at all

foxy lady
08-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Take one ie Kitchen and go into it and sit on the floor lol, and take a good look around and think of anything that you think a child may hurt themselves on, get into, burn themselves on etc etc and for each thing write what the concern is ( ie)

Risk:

Children getting into cupboards

And then say what you would do to overcome it - IE

Action:

Fit cupboard locks to prevent access

as for risk level, I admit I don't do that on mine as to me if something is a risk, it's a risk and needs actioning regardless of low med or high risk.
Does that help at all
hey george thats a great idea sitting on the floor, get a real idea what a child can see, i gunna do that