PDA

View Full Version : Advice

lashely
01-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Hi I need opinions please if possible.

I have 2 sibling mindees and am constantly chasing parents for payment the kids are very clingy and the eldest tells me he doesn't like me or my children despite my best efforts and he can't wait to leave in 2 month because I'm not coming with them.

The behaviour of the mindees is affecting my children who cry and cling too and to be honest I'm coming to the end of my tether. I am also suffering slightly from pnd and have started having panic attacks as there are personal issues with my family keep cropping up too.

Is this reason to give the siblings their notice?

I have lots of experience in childcare and have made every effort to settle them and they do play happily when I am on the floor with them but as soon as I move they cry ...

I feel useless

Koala
01-07-2013, 09:45 AM
If your job is making you miserable, you owe it to yourself and everyone else to find a new one.

So transfer that into your context, you feel the siblings you mind and the payment issues are having an adverse effect on you then you owe it to yourself to find new ones. I would not hesitate to give notice if you feel that is the case.

It is very important that you are happy with your work, take action before it all gets too much. But don't just address the siblings, be sure you are addressing the correct issues, you need to address your PND and be sure you are looking at things pragmatically, we can all blame one thing when it is several other things that is the real issue.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Mouse
01-07-2013, 09:52 AM
This job is incredibly hard to do when you're heart isn't in it & unfortunately that happens from time to time with certain children or families.

Life is too short to spend it miserable about something you can change.

I would give notice, citing personal reasons.

Get yourself & your family sorted out, them start looking for some other children who fit in better.

AgentTink
01-07-2013, 10:01 AM
I agree with previous posters. The main thing is you and your family. give notice if it is having such a impact on you.