PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear....first day of hols!!

ziggy
01-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Today is first day of summer holidays here, it is chilly, grey and wet.

I have 2 little ones and 5 schoolies (3 of children only staying a couple of hours and all will be gone by 2pm:clapping:)

oh well the first day of 2 months and extra money will be nice so better get on with it.

Toothfairy
01-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Wow, you break up early! We've still got another 31/2 weeks to go.
I feel for you, i find it much easier when the weather is nice, we go to the park or out in the garden, time seems to go quicker.
Have a 'go with the flow' day :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
01-07-2013, 08:34 AM
We don't break up until the 24th July. But you go back to school in August in Ireland don't you?

Like Scotland broke up for the summer on 22nd June but they will be going back to school on 19th August.

Becci26
01-07-2013, 08:35 AM
:panic: hope the weather improves!

I feel quite jealous of your early break up (when do you go back?), still another 3 1/2 weeks to go here, and counting every second of it, it's far too close to my due date for my liking lol!

smurfette
01-07-2013, 08:47 AM
In the Republic of Ireland school is back the 28th August ., don't know about the north zippy?

smurfette
01-07-2013, 08:48 AM
In the Republic of Ireland school is back the 28th August ., don't know about the north zippy?

Lol! Sorry Ziggy! Typo!

kellib
01-07-2013, 09:02 AM
We broke up on Friday and go back on the 14th August, 6 1/2 whole weeks of lie ins!!

Not sure what we're doing today, my son seems quite happy to have a lazy day and who am I to argue? Lol

ziggy
01-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Off here till 2nd September!!!!

I may well go insane before then. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Schoolies playing outside, younger ones happily playing in play room while i grab quick cuppa:)

FussyElmo
01-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Off here till 2nd September!!!!

I may well go insane before then. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Schoolies playing outside, younger ones happily playing in play room while i grab quick cuppa:)

Oh wow what a fab holiday :thumbsup:

ziggy
01-07-2013, 10:04 PM
I had a bit of a problem with the 11yr old just before lunch, so brought him in from garden. He sulked till he was collected at 1.30. When mummy came he ran out to tell his version of events. Unusually his mother agreed with me and supported my decision.

Then surprise surprise (NOT) i had message while i was out this evening to say they wont be coming tomorrow but can they come wednesday afternoon instead of the morning.

I refused as I know child would complain to his mother because he couldnt get his own way with me today. I presume she has found one of his friends to take him tomorrow as he will be refusing to come here.

This family come as and when so i wont get paid for next 2 days (my own fault, i realise that) BUT it will be the last time i have schoolies in the holidays!!!!!!

Ah well on the bright side it will just be a 2yr old and the lovely new baby tomorrow and i wont see schoolies now till next week.

ziggy
02-07-2013, 01:15 PM
shame weather so bad here today. had lovely morning with just the 2yr old and the baby. We made card for her grandad's birthday, chatted lots and just enjoyed the peace.

Was about to take baby for walk but he has fallen asleep on play mat in playroom, so gonna give bathrooms quick clean and enjoy the peace.

Have decided as schoolies are adhoc and she has cancelled today, that if behaviour isnt any better next week i wont have them for the rest of the holidays. It isnt my job to sort out children who arent disciplined at home!!!!!

The extra money would be nice but heyho sometimes it just isnt worth the stress