PDA

View Full Version : Feeling ill...to work or not?!

Bumble Beez
01-07-2013, 04:41 AM
I've been minding for nearly 8 years and I can probably count on one hand the amount of sick days I've had in that time.
This morning I've got up, feeling lousy but unsure why or what's wrong...just don't feel 100%.
I really don't want to have to take the day off, and probably won't but just got me wondering how many of us work when we don't feel quite right?
Sarah x

stargazer1
01-07-2013, 05:14 AM
I feel exactly the same. I suffer from insomnia and have had a bad bout if it recently so to be honest I think I'm just run down and exhausted. I'm going to work today even though I'd love not to. I feel so guilty if I need to take a day off. Hope you feel better soon and can get some rest xxx

Bumble Beez
01-07-2013, 05:39 AM
Thanks stargazer1...
I am working today, mind is made up!
Insomnia isn't something I suffer with, I have an underactive thyroid and sometimes feel like I could sleep for days...
Don't work too hard today tho...Sarah xx

CLL
01-07-2013, 05:52 AM
Sometimes I would like to build up flexi time like in my past 9-5 job. It would be lovely to have a duvet day some days.

Bumble Beez
01-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Sometimes I would like to build up flexi time like in my past 9-5 job. It would be lovely to have a duvet day some days.

Snap! I've forgotten what one of those is! Xx

sarah707
01-07-2013, 07:00 AM
I very rarely take time off - I'd just have a nice, quiet day with some TV time and lots of gentle games.

Feel better soon xx

smurfette
01-07-2013, 07:33 AM

Ooh I like this idea!!! I have been minding just over two years and have three days off ., one for a flu where I couldn't lift my head off the pillow, one for a vomiting bug and one a couple of weeks ago where I did my back in and could hardly stand ... I usually just dose myself up and carry on, and have a free play / tv day,, I often find you feel worse first thing in the Morning and as the day progresses you feel a bit better (or maybe that's the medication!) I reckon most parents would prefer kids to have a quiet day than to be without Childcare! I used to hate ringing in sick when I was working outside the home too so I hate phoning parents .. Hate letting them down and hate not getting paid!

smurfette
01-07-2013, 07:34 AM
I've been minding for nearly 8 years and I can probably count on one hand the amount of sick days I've had in that time.
This morning I've got up, feeling lousy but unsure why or what's wrong...just don't feel 100%.
I really don't want to have to take the day off, and probably won't but just got me wondering how many of us work when we don't feel quite right?
Sarah x

Hope you feel better later Sarah!

Bumble Beez
01-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Thanks everyone...now I'm out on school run I feel a little better...I must look as rubbish as feel tho cos all my parents have asked if I'm unwell lol xx

Becci26
01-07-2013, 08:39 AM
I have taken time off to recover from a couple of ops last year, but generally I work through illness unless it is particularly contagious (S&D).