PDA

View Full Version : Continuity of care?

Kellyann36
30-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Hi, I've asked about this before on a different scenario but want to double check.
On a Monday I have a 13 month old, and her big brother who goes to school full time in September and my little boy who is 2 next week. One of the children I usually have on a wed and Thursday has asked me to have her on Monday - tomorrow. (due to work)
Am I allowed providing its risk assessed and I don't go over the 6 or does this scenario not count as continuity of care?

Thanks in advance

Rick
30-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi.

You would be able to do this under continuity of care. When the child in full time school starts in September they won't count in your early years numbers anyway, even during the holidays. Until that time you would be able to accommodate an existing child on another day under COC

Have a read of this

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/general-childminding-chat/119767-ratios-change-what-means-you.html#post1259508

Chatterbox Childcare
30-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Yes it is fine as you already have the child in your care. Other parents must be given the opportunity to object too.

Kellyann36
30-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Lovely, thank you! Would you get parents to sign to agree? Also I have a little boy who does Fridays but every so often does an extra Tuesday that isn't contracted, but in 4 weeks ill no longer have that Tuesday space for him. Is this still continuity of care? I have read through lots of threads and stuff but never want to do anything that I shouldn't be doing so safer for me to check. Though I would end up saying no for the Tuesdays unless i had an assistant as would mean 4 children aged 2 years or under so I don't think I could safely meet all of their needs x

Rick
30-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Lovely, thank you! Would you get parents to sign to agree? Also I have a little boy who does Fridays but every so often does an extra Tuesday that isn't contracted, but in 4 weeks ill no longer have that Tuesday space for him. Is this still continuity of care? I have read through lots of threads and stuff but never want to do anything that I shouldn't be doing so safer for me to check. Though I would end up saying no for the Tuesdays unless i had an assistant as would mean 4 children aged 2 years or under so I don't think I could safely meet all of their needs x

Yes so long as it's an existing child and they are coming for an extra day that would now take you over 3.
I would get parents to sign to agree, then you are covered.