PDA

View Full Version : Etended Schools Training?

venus89
08-07-2008, 08:40 AM
I just got an email through:

'I am holding an extended schools training evening from 7 - 9.30pm on Monday 21st July at Little Forest Children's Centre, Birken Road, Tunbridge Wells. For most people this will be a chance to be included in an existing portfolio but I am happy to consider new portfolios too. Please let me know if you intend to come along and complete the attached profile and bring it with you. For those who I know have already attended I have copied you into this e-mail so that you can pass on the details to any Childminders you know who want to be in your local portfolio.'

What is it? Do I want to do it?

sarah707
08-07-2008, 08:47 AM
By, I think it's 2010, all schools must by law be able to provide parents with wrap around care on request.

This does not automatically mean the school has to have a breakfast / after school club.

The school can choose to link up with other providers to offer the wrap around service.

This is part of the 'extended schools programme'.

I understand the 'portfolio' is a document which will be given to parents who are looking for wrap around care, advertising the different services the school is able to offer to solve their childcare problems.

It will have information about childminders, clubs, nurseries etc who are offering the service, so parents can choose.

If you do before / after school work, I think it would be useful to link up with ...certainly worth finding out more and perhaps going to the meeting if you have time to check it out. :D

venus89
08-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Thank you Sarah :D

Why couldn't they just say that?!

angeldelight
08-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Dont be silly that would be too simple haha

Angel xx

venus89
08-07-2008, 09:04 AM
:laughing: good point! Why make things simple for dunderheads like me.....

foxy lady
08-07-2008, 12:44 PM
:laughing: good point! Why make things simple for dunderheads like me.....

ha ha i must be dunderhead too then
i hadden got a clue what they were on about either ha ha

venus89
08-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Well, I just realised I spelt 'extended' wrong in the title so that can't really have enlightened you! :laughing: