PDA

View Full Version : Parents meeting

Hatchlings
28-06-2013, 10:16 PM
I have been open almost a year & its going well however i have 2 mums who are friends with each other, They will NOT come to any meetings or chats about there children i have asked them loads as i have a concern about 1 little girl speech is very poor she has a dummy at home but never wants with me & she is starting nursery in sept. mum is such a rush if we have had a unkind day i cant even tell her as she is so fast the other lady is not really interested & my contracts are almost a year old i asked them pop in to re do them as they have both changed hours but both say they done them last year so its not reasonable for me to take there time again.

My question is can i insist as i think the contracts have to be right & at the same time can talk to them.??

Nicola Carlyle
28-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Yes you can and you can tell them that until they come in to review contracts you can no longer provide care for their precious little ones until such time! X

Mrs Scrubbit
28-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Yes you can and you can tell them that until they come in to review contracts you can no longer provide care for their precious little ones until such time! X

I'll second that! Don't let them treat you like this.... its your business and and you say how its run!xxx

CLL
29-06-2013, 06:08 AM
I would insist. Sounds like they are getting together to decide how you should run your business, they think you will not risk loosing their business. Give them each an exact date and time I.e. on Monday 1st July at 5.30pm we will be holding a review meeting for your child's progress and a renewal of contracts. There is no excuse for them not to have a spare half an hour once a year. If they say no say unfortunately Ofsted and you insurance will no longer let you care for their lo as they are in breach of compliance. If they can not make the meeting you will have to accept their notice instead, or give them a chance to pick an alternative day. I guess it depends how much you want to keep them as customers or if you are willing to let them both go. Hard choice but it seems like you are not happy with the current situation as it stands anyway.

yummyripples
29-06-2013, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't worry too much. Firstly with the dummy I would put an observation in the learning journal. -little un is struggling with her speech. To help her I will suggest to mum via email that she stops using dummy at home
Follow it through with an email and then record it as a concern. if you have your paperwork in place you can show you have tried.
Same with the behaviour problem. Record it as an issue and write down how you are tackling it. Write mum a note explaining that you know she is busy - you are concerned about x y and z and this is what you are doing to tackle it. state you would really like to meet with her about it and could she please make some time for you.
Finally draft up another letter to tell them you have altered the contract to this that and the other and if they are not happy with it then please contact you to discuss.
The ball is then in their court but you have done what you can. Your contract will be legal because by paying they are showing that they have accepted your terms and conditions. Its best to send by email or get them to sign something. You can just say that you need it for ofsted x

step11
29-06-2013, 08:44 AM
I use ncma (pacey) and it stated that parents must be available for meeting. I hope you get it sorted.

donna porter
29-06-2013, 02:28 PM
It's shocking that they don't want to find out how their children are doing :-/ I would want to know exactly how my child is getting on.

samb
29-06-2013, 06:22 PM
If parents are unavailable for a meeting could you write to them/ email regarding issues with child development. You can say what you are trying to work on and why and say it will work better if you follow the same tactics. Suggest a meeting in writing to discuss further. If they refuse still then I would continue to update by writing. You want the best for the child and I imagine they do too- maybe writing works better for this family?

As for contracts - does it have an end date? If not and details are the same it's fine. If details have changed which I think you said times have then again just write a letter stating that the contracted times have changed to xxxx from xxxx. I ask them to sign and return. I keep a copy and they keep a copy and it also states it forms part of our original contract and should be kept with the original document. Same goes for any updates- address or name changes for example. I don't have parents in to do it and I don't redo a whole contract just add bits here and there.

Jiorjiina
30-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Incidentally, start keeping a record of all the times you've asked them for meetings and their responses to you.

If you send them a letter, make sure to say in it something like 'following my request for a meeting with you on XXXX date...', so that they know you haven't forgotten asking them.

Keep a copy of all the letters/emails you send them (and the replies/non replies) too, and start building a file. That way if they start kicking off when you tell them you can no longer provide care because they've violated their contract, you have proof to back you up.

Hatchlings
23-07-2013, 09:11 PM
I have given them all a choice of 2 dates & times they each can come & talk though only 1 out of them all has to date & its the one i didn't:D think was to bothered, altho we have a little difference with a point were if her child is remained to say please of thank you ( he is 7yrs) he will talk in a different language & when i said this made me feel a little uncomfortable due to if he is upset i have reminded him etc then i would like him to say to me or her she said if he wishes to talk a different language as he talks 3 she don't see a problem i said i cant speak it so when the other children ask him what he saying & his reply don't have to say then its a little rude to them she said then learn the languages then you will know he not being nasty i don't have the time to learn 2 languages she is a little rude sometimes any way haha never mind we see if other parents show up now haha. ;);)