PDA

View Full Version : T3 versus ABC

zippy
28-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Feedback please

Got an opportunity to purchase a T3 buggy for £200, would really prefer an ABC though although the price difference is massive. Am a little worried this will be front heavy especially as I have a lot of kerbs.

Has anyone got one and what do you think?

mama2three
28-06-2013, 04:01 PM
£200 is an incredibly good price for a t3. I love mine.
Kerbs I avoid where possible and use the dips at peoples drives etc! Its actually not too bad depending upon who is in the front. I soon learned that it didn't need to be the oldest and usually heaviest!
I actually think kerbs would be a problem with the abc , with extra weight over the handle area wouldn't it be likely to tip if you lift the front wheels ?
Im short too so couldn't see over the abc!
Give the t3 a go , you would be able to sell it for much more than 200 if you don't get on with it.

partyrings
28-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Wow £200..just paid £630 for mine, but worth every penny. I have had loads of doubles and even put buggy boards on to make them into a triple...after ten years just wish I had bought the T3 in the beginning...never going back :0)

jackie 7
28-06-2013, 04:29 PM
I don't find it too bad on kerbs. Just keep tyres pumped up. I usually put a light weight one up front I love mine.

zippy
28-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't find it too bad on kerbs. Just keep tyres pumped up. I usually put a light weight one up front I love mine.

Thanks everyone think ill give it a wirl then, like you say can always sell it again and won't be using it a triple that often anyway.

zippy
28-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Can I just check a couple more things, any idea how it handles deepish snow, and does anyone have any idea if you can buy the double toddler seat to go on front instead of the single separately, don't need it now and not expecting to but you never know what's around the corner just interested really. What company actually makes these?

jackie 7
28-06-2013, 07:37 PM
From what I understand it has to be a relatively model for the 2 sweater in front. I got mine in 2010 and that was when the 2in front came out. I used it in snow but not very deep and was good. It has big wheels so should be ok.

jackie 7
28-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Sorry if comparable you should bd able to get double. Got mine from lots of babies. Will have to check that. Need to look.

The Juggler
28-06-2013, 10:17 PM
only time T3 is heavy is uphill or when folded and you are lifting - fab to push. :thumbsup:

bindy
29-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Great buggy, have one to sale if anyone interested, like new! The only place to buy is from lotsofbabies.com The guy there designed it himself for his very large family, toddler twins and baby. I think the double seat fits any T3.

mama2three
30-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Great buggy, have one to sale if anyone interested, like new! The only place to buy is from lotsofbabies.com The guy there designed it himself for his very large family, toddler twins and baby. I think the double seat fits any T3.

The lots of babies version is the uk version of the valco triple. Mine is a valco - its exactly the same as the t3 - Ive ordered spares from lots of babies ( needed new brake cogs as mine were worn when I bought it) and they fit perfectly. So he did produce the uk version but didn't exactly design it himself. Not that that makes any difference , his customer service is excellent - give him a ring and ask about the quad seat.

If youre looking on ebay remember to search under valco as well as t3.